Talaria

1 star
Talaria is a horrible experience. Find a Manager that cares, can communicate, and take responsibility. We talked to many other residents who feel the same.
Noise is constantly an issue: • Neighbors above us are constantly stomping and dropping things on floor throughout the day/evening/night. Clearly not a lot of sound barrier for the price of apartment. • We’ve had a noise that comes from what seems to be ducting that we’ve reported. Nobody has looked at it or tried to fix. It happens 24/7. • Children constantly screaming and running up and down hallways. • Parties going too late in pub area. In fact, this just happened last night. With people screaming past quiet hours. Amenities: • Amenities are nice...when they’re working. • Business center is used as a daycare. This was a selling point when looking for someone who works from home, which I do. Yet, I can’t use it because there are constantly children in there who are not quiet. • Theater room - when not broken is constantly booked. A bit difficult to use. • Gym is probably the best amenity. Experience: • Overall, has been poor, to be honest. • We’ve had ants multiple times since moving in. With the added inconvenience of chemicals in the home to try and get rid of them (and now we’re being charged an additional fee each month for pest control?!). Food was ruined due to this, yet no offer or follow up from staff. • No door fits properly in the apartment. Bathroom door upon move-in would not close because it was left too long. Rest of doors in apartment have been severely undercut, leaving huge gaps that don’t allow privacy. • During/after the rain our patio (and by the looks of it every other patio) was overtaken by worms. They’ve since died and dried onto the concrete. We’ve tried sweeping and they’re not coming up. No offer by community to remedy. • Dishwasher was broken upon move-in. Were told it a couple of days. Ended up being a couple weeks. • Pet spa area construction - was supposed to be a week. Has been multiple weeks. • Garage door broken for weeks. • Have been here nearly 3 months, yet still have not received $1,000 gift card that was promised and in contract. Does this mean I can break lease and move out since you’ve broken the contract? Staff: • Has pretty much been the only redeeming quality since everyone is friendly. However, nothing seems to get done/held accountable? Overall, I can honestly say this has been one of the worst experiences I’ve had in a community, especially for the price. I’ve lived in tents in the middle of the desert that have been more accommodating and had less issues. It’s *very* disappointing. I’m honestly dreading having to be here for another 10 months if things stay the same.
It's been some good and some bad so far. I communicated already with some of the management at Talaria about some of the misses that were disappointing. The unit is nice, the location is great, and the amenities are nice as well. Mana was great to work with during the rental process. After we moved in, though, there were some real issues, including not being told when workers were coming by, the check in process took quite some time, etc.
The services that you offer are great and all but the mechanical issues like the Garage Doors are really annoying. The last time it was under maintenance, it lasted for more than two weeks. Another issue I have found lately is allowing for Whole Foods Employees to park within our structure. Although I do not have a problem with the Workers I do find it a problem as we do pay in order to park within our structure.
Just moved in, so far so good. However, for a new building, it's a little rough in regards to maintenance: Dirt on hall walls, walls around Alameda elevator chipped, Light fixture near freight elevator broken. Also, move in is incredibly difficult: Loading zone is far, no ramp, can't hold doors open and freight elevator has lots of non- freight traffic.
Great amenities, wish there was a weight restriction on dogs. Lots of young people and families. Currently very accessible to all amenities but at capacity there may be an issue with some amenities.
I love the apartment but I am not happy with the concessions not given to new residents when they didn’t have all of the amenities. I am still waiting on repairs as well
It's alright, I love the apartment view. The apartment looks really cute and modern. The rooms are stunning. There's a few space for improvement, but other than that, it's a great place.
We have been impressed by the staff here at Talaria, who are all very friendly, welcoming and helpful. We love our new apartment, having never lived in a brand new home before we are enjoying the experience! We have had a few issues; our movers said ours was one of their most difficult moves due to where they had to park and the long walk with all our furniture and boxes to our apartment! Another difficulty has been with the Nest system, the fan runs constantly, but maintenance is working with us on this issue. We love the amenities we have here at Talaria, and plan to take advantage of everything Talaria has to offer! Our neighbors have been friendly and helpful too and we think we are really going to enjoy living here!
Very friendly building staff. Floors should have been more soundproofed - can hear loud noises in apartment above and music in apartment below. Elevators and parking gate seem to malfunction frequently.