Gamification - Have you heard of it? No, we’re not referring to Angry Birds, Frogger and Pacman, but a concept that takes the application of delivering fun and engaging elements found in games (i.e. points, high-scores, competition, leaderboards) and applying them to non-gaming scenarios.
The idea of applying game mechanics to everyday menial or routine tasks for the purpose of increasing engagement seems almost too good to be true, but it works. Specifically:
- Increase resident feedback and reviews
- Increase survey / poll completion
- Increase and track resident referrals
- Increase Renewals
- Boost social media engagement and word of mouth
- Improve resident communication
- Increase event attendence
You do not need a large budget to build a following online. You just need the right strategy and the right tools. In this paper, we will discuss how apartment owners, operators and property managers can create a better resident experience through gamification, and how it can ultimately save you time and money.