Personally, I am not impressed with my experience here. Maintenance takes forever to respond and there are constantly bugs everywhere. There is so little places for storage

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

Move in was rough but better now. All of my furniture was tore up. I asked for maintenance and they never came. I asked to get out of my lease or a new room and they said that that was unavailable. So I am going to deal with it until May and not stay my last 2 months.

I absolutely hate living at these apartments. The management does not work with you for anything. The parking is trash, I never get a close parking spot to my building.

Slow on everything. BUT front desk staff is great! LIKE the contest and thing that go on, but its hard to attended do to school class work and studies

When I first moved in the managers were unprepared, I had to wait over an hour for a mananger to come in on a Sunday because no one had my key, the manager did not apologize and I had my parents with me to help me move in. It left a bad first impression on my parents and myself.

My building, 8, was without proper lighting for several months after multiple work orders and discussions with maintenance and CA's. Having an unlit hallway is dangerous, especially when the gate at that period of time was left open 24/7 due to it being broken. A week or two to install lights or fix a gate is reasonable, however 2-3 months without proper visibility is downright neglectful. Seeing as there is a maintenance room across the hall there are often things cluttered about, when paired with no lighting this could lead to "obstacles that prevent safe entrance or exit from the unit" which could qualify under 8-I.C. LIFE THREATENING CONDITIONS [24 CFR 982.404(a)]. Also, under TEXAS RESIDENTIAL RENTAL CODE SUBCHAPTER D. SECURITY DEVICES Sec. 92.151. DEFINITIONS. (2) We must be supplied with a “Door viewer” which means a permanently installed device in an exterior door that allows a person inside the dwelling to view a person outside the door. Since there was no light outside the apartment, it rendered both peephole useless, thereby failing to adhere to this security measure. This paired with the fact that last August I returned to an unlocked apartment, after an employee or contract worker left my door wide open and lights on for unknown amount of time. Anywhere from a day to a week. As a women living alone, anything could have happened to me, I praise God that nothing did. This horrendous and neglectful act left my apartment and valuables completely unsafe, paired with an accumulating electricity bill, as well an infestation of pests. This goes against countless regulations and safety precautions that it would probably take too long to list them all. Although across from a maintenance room, and several workers passing by every day, I had to bring this to the attention of employees. After discussion with a CA, my electric bill was reduced but no other compensation was given, regardless of the glaring repercussions the complex could have faced. It is apparent that The Arch has a serious lack of concern when regarding tenants safety.

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

The staff is nice, but that is all that I like at these apartments. I think the price is too high for what you get and it is suppose to be student housing, but I live around a lot of families.

Cricket is too much to bear. I am living on the first floor, I was see the bodies of crickets in my room every day. The sound of crickets made it difficult to sleep every day, even woke me up after middle night! It’s really annoying and keeps a long time. I really need pest control.

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

it was SO gross when i moved in. There was urine all over my carpet and it took a month because it got ripped out. I don't understand how it was even ok to let someone move into this room

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

I’m only living here for nursing school and because its affordable. I will never feel comfortable here. Upon moving in, my room was dusty with spider webs every where and my furniture was disgusting. After expressing my concerns with the “manager” Sadie over my apartment not being “up to par” she started barking at me over the phone like a dog. She was rude and rushed me off the phone basically saying only lucky people get better furniture in their units. If this place was open 11 years ago I don’t understand why all of the apartment units aren't properly renovated. Where has all the rent money residents have been paying gone to? The decor in the front office?

So the apartment management would not allow me to move in 15 days before my move-in day so that they want our apartments to be really good and ready. But turns out that the apartment was not ready since it has a number of maintenance issues. Shower diverter not working, floor was not clean, dust over the windows. And an "amazing" thing happened on the second day is that the restroom door got locked and would not open. Their emergency staff would not respond. Imagine if there is some emergency such as AC not working, water leak etc. Not at all satisfactory for what I'm paying.

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

The Arch is an okay place to live because maintenance always fails complete maintenance requests. They never come back when they say they will.

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

It’s a good experience but not the greatest. The front office facility is great but the gym and individual apartments could use A LOT of remodeling.

When I first moved into my apartment, I was very disappointed. The bedroom, bathroom, and closet that were mine were not cleaned at all. There were belongings left behind from previous people and it was very dirty. The shower head leaked and flooded the bathroom and maintenance did not do anything about it until weeks later and even when they did, it still leaked. The furniture is scratched, the dresser drawers are broken, and the dishwasher does not work effectively. The price of the apartment is not worth all of the issues and should have been straightened up and cleaned before someone new moved in.

I have not enjoyed my experience living at my apartment very much. There have been many instances that I have shared with people in charge that do not seem to care.

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

This place is awful. The stuff is rude. And they’re not considerate of others. And the manager of this place is the worst or worst. She’s not nice and if she is it’s only to your face

While Staff in the front office are generally nice the maintenance staff lacks much to be desired. They very rarely fix the problem the first time and the are not very knowledgeable. Also the apartments are nothing like the show apartment and need a lot of maintenance.

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

The staff has always been friendly since I've been here and that was a year ago to this date. However the maintenance team can be slow to respond, the noise and amount of partying/alcohol/weed I've smelled or had to deal with and all hours is excessive even for a college living community. People do not clean after their animals or properly dispose of their own trash I.e beer cans or cigarettes. Overall it's been a pretty dissapointing to average experience thus far.

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

Staff is okay. Roommates are a bad idea. I think everyone I know gets a bad roommate out of the two extra people that live with them. I can't wait to leave and have a rent payment at a house for the same amount!

There are lots of bugs and things seem to quit working a lot. It’s close to school and walmart. The cleanliness should be better. I probably wouldn’t recommend.

Was moved to another apartment post surgery. Lower quality room. Bed smaller, sink doesn’t drain, smaller closet..racks in closet about to fall

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

Needs to be better taken care of, especially the dog poop pretty much everywhere. Staff are friendly. Need to fix the front gate so can be ensured safety

Reply from The Arch - Abilene

The Arch in Abilene had started off as a hopeful place to live. However, only a few implications have arised. For example, maintenance requests have not been completed in a timely fashion. Secondly, what was said was done on these requests, was NOT done: "Mattress replaced." It was most certainly not. "Couches cleaned," the couches looked exactly the same with even more hair on the surface by the way. Furniture was promised to be replaced however no furniture was replaced. Also I was delivered a printer to my door and when I arrived to my apartment. Printer was missing. There is no security of products. Please take into consideration these constructive complaints and please find a way to correct them such as actually following through-- maintenance.

When I first moved in there were bugs on my bed and we didn't realize until the office was closed and when I left a message on the emergency line I was told that not having a place to sleep in an apartment I pay for was not an emergency. Following that, I had to put in a request for my living room and bathroom to be painted all one color, which should have been done before I moved in, and they came and painted the living room and left so I will have to call the office again to request that the painters finish the job they started. I also don't like that the pool has been closed the entire time I've been here.

Terrible management. Several complaints and no one helps. Very old and not clean. I would not recommend this place to anyone and would not live here.