The Carter

Our apartment was very dirty and majority of the things were not fixed before our move in. We had to clean everything ourself and then a cleaning company arrived and still did not clean what we had mentioned.
1 star
The apartment itself is very nice as are the amenities. What’s lacking is the customer service. We pay a lot to live here as does everyone else and the level of service just isn’t there. The staff is very nice but when it comes to actually taking care of residents they seem to drop the ball. Maintenance is so so, it usually takes a long time for them to come by to fix issues and when they finally do some things are still broken after they leave. We decided to purchase a home and leave the Carter because it just isn’t worth the money. I’m also a Realtor and it makes me sad to say that it’s very difficult to recommend the Carter when I know first hand the level of customer service.
1 star
Horrible service . Unreasonable . Hard to work with. Nightmare. Can’t believe I moved into a place that’s so hard to work with. I already have regrets
I have not had any great experiences in this community. Hence, I have nothing much to say. I definitely think it was much better in 2017. It can get better in the future.
I was so excited to live here when I first got a tour around the building and got to learn about all the awesome amenities. It has an awesome view and everything has a luxury feel from the lobby to the granite counters to the wood floors. On my move in day, we were told we had to wait until noon to move my stuff in, only after we had arrived at 10am. After a 2 hour wait, we walk in to an apartment still being cleaned. I have lived here for a little over 2 months and my realator had not received commission and I have not received the gift card of $1000 has promised. I needed my tub stopper repaired, so I put in a work order online and selected the option to be notified with a phone call before anyone entered my apartment. I never received a phone call and got a notification it had been fixed at a time I was physically in my apartment (and no one ever entered.) There have been really loud noises that are quite alarming at early hours of the morning that I, and other neighbors, have reported that never were cleared up. One instance that happened was a very loud hammering sound on a Saturday at 5am from the maintenance closet behind my bedroom wall. It was hard enough to knock picture frames off. It's awesome that the apartment is dog friendly, but the elevators always have pee in them. I'm not absolutely disappointed, just irritated because I feel like this process and living here would have been a lot more lux to fit the monthly rent rate and advertised promise of ease.
I’m rather frustrated. I was promised a $185 credit to my account back in April and it’s now July 19th and all I’ve been told is the money is still processing. This apartment complex screwed me over when I moved in after they assured me they could work my move in on a certain day that I had to have for work reasons. That was just a ploy to get me to sign the contract which I will not be renewing. I absolutely would never recommend this property to a friend. You’re cutting all of the services we started here with and I won’t be able to claim my packages when I get in from work if the concierge is closed. There are better apartment communities in Houston that do not cause this added stress and irritation.
As a community of residents, I give low marks. As is often the case, a minority of bad actors spoils otherwise high marks for the majority. I speak to those neighbors responsible for their incessant disposal of trash, fecal matter and urine from the balconies over our yards and commons. You are the primary reason we cannot wait to leave this place.
I just wish maintenance and the office staff was more prompt when fixing the problems with the apartment. Other than that the property itself is great.
Not a great welcome experience. Floors were dirty. Refrigerator was dirty. Bathroom and water smelled like sewage. Dog park is horrible and smells bad.
Elevators always broken Can hear above unit flush their toilet Always run out of hot water in the shower during colder months Concierge always friendly Valet always prompt & nice