Our apartment was very dirty and majority of the things were not fixed before our move in. We had to clean everything ourself and then a cleaning company arrived and still did not clean what we had mentioned.

Reply from The Carter

The apartment itself is very nice as are the amenities. What’s lacking is the customer service. We pay a lot to live here as does everyone else and the level of service just isn’t there. The staff is very nice but when it comes to actually taking care of residents they seem to drop the ball. Maintenance is so so, it usually takes a long time for them to come by to fix issues and when they finally do some things are still broken after they leave. We decided to purchase a home and leave the Carter because it just isn’t worth the money. I’m also a Realtor and it makes me sad to say that it’s very difficult to recommend the Carter when I know first hand the level of customer service.

Horrible service . Unreasonable . Hard to work with. Nightmare. Can’t believe I moved into a place that’s so hard to work with. I already have regrets

I have not had any great experiences in this community. Hence, I have nothing much to say. I definitely think it was much better in 2017. It can get better in the future.

Reply from The Carter

I’m rather frustrated. I was promised a $185 credit to my account back in April and it’s now July 19th and all I’ve been told is the money is still processing. This apartment complex screwed me over when I moved in after they assured me they could work my move in on a certain day that I had to have for work reasons. That was just a ploy to get me to sign the contract which I will not be renewing. I absolutely would never recommend this property to a friend. You’re cutting all of the services we started here with and I won’t be able to claim my packages when I get in from work if the concierge is closed. There are better apartment communities in Houston that do not cause this added stress and irritation.

I was so excited to live here when I first got a tour around the building and got to learn about all the awesome amenities. It has an awesome view and everything has a luxury feel from the lobby to the granite counters to the wood floors. On my move in day, we were told we had to wait until noon to move my stuff in, only after we had arrived at 10am. After a 2 hour wait, we walk in to an apartment still being cleaned. I have lived here for a little over 2 months and my realator had not received commission and I have not received the gift card of $1000 has promised. I needed my tub stopper repaired, so I put in a work order online and selected the option to be notified with a phone call before anyone entered my apartment. I never received a phone call and got a notification it had been fixed at a time I was physically in my apartment (and no one ever entered.) There have been really loud noises that are quite alarming at early hours of the morning that I, and other neighbors, have reported that never were cleared up. One instance that happened was a very loud hammering sound on a Saturday at 5am from the maintenance closet behind my bedroom wall. It was hard enough to knock picture frames off. It's awesome that the apartment is dog friendly, but the elevators always have pee in them. I'm not absolutely disappointed, just irritated because I feel like this process and living here would have been a lot more lux to fit the monthly rent rate and advertised promise of ease.

As a community of residents, I give low marks. As is often the case, a minority of bad actors spoils otherwise high marks for the majority. I speak to those neighbors responsible for their incessant disposal of trash, fecal matter and urine from the balconies over our yards and commons. You are the primary reason we cannot wait to leave this place.

Elevators always broken Can hear above unit flush their toilet Always run out of hot water in the shower during colder months Concierge always friendly Valet always prompt & nice

Reply from The Carter

Not a great welcome experience. Floors were dirty. Refrigerator was dirty. Bathroom and water smelled like sewage. Dog park is horrible and smells bad.

Reply from The Carter

I just wish maintenance and the office staff was more prompt when fixing the problems with the apartment. Other than that the property itself is great.

Reply from The Carter

The area is great and the units are pretty. However, the place needs another coffee machine. The one downstairs is broken at least once a month. Maintenance requests are followed through but are sloppy.

Reply from The Carter

Overall the living experience has been decent. There have been quite a few issues with communication however, it has been getting better so I will give them that. The property manager is pleasant and seems like she knows what she’s doing. It really comes down to communication with residents. As long residents know what’s going on, nine times out of 10 they will understand why the gate is broken again, why elevator 3 is down again, why their service request got missed etc. It’s when residents are left in the dark about issues that they get upset. Be transparent and genuine, that will alleviate a lot of issues and make resident retention easier. Residents typically make a decision on whether or not they will renew their lease within 48 hours of move in. So, first impressions are everything. Just some food for thought

Reply from The Carter

The Carter has been a great and safe place to live, however they have made some changes that were crucial to me signing the lease in the first place. For example, when I signed my lease, they had 24 hour concierge, which as a single woman, was a deciding factor for me. Now, concierge is only 24 hours on the weekend and only until 10 o clock PM during the week. I also signed at the Carter for the garage safety, however, now the garage doors stay open until after dark and then are closed just for the night. The bar hours have also changed and the staff running the bar does not clean up after the happy hour ends, so in the mornings, there are wine glasses and beer glasses left out in the lobby. Otherwise, I am very happy at The Carter.

The community seems to be going downhill..It is still a great place to live, but everything seems dirtier and less well kept. I also don't like how the garage door remains open. It doesn't feel as safe.

Nice place to live but it’s a little overpriced for the quality you get. Lots of maintenance going on and management is very strict. Can’t have more than 2 guests at the pool. Furthermore residents are slobs. No one picks up after their dog.

Reply from The Carter

So far the community has been good. The only issue was when we received the apartment it was not clean. The floors were sticky the cabinets were dirty the shower was not clean. It looked like they made minimal effort to clean before handing it over to us. Besides that the apartment seems like a decent place to live.

Reply from The Carter

The residents are nice but both maintenance and management have been problematic. My toilet was not functioning properly and I had to wait an entire weekend for it to be fixed. Because of the parking garage parking has not been a problem.

Reply from The Carter

All residents we have met are very nice and the concierge is helpful and nice. However, getting things fixed in the apartment has been very challenging. We've also noticed many things in the amenity areas broken and unusable like the side door into the restrooms from the pool...this would be so helpful if it was fixed so we don't have to walk through the lobby in our swim suits. The TV has never worked at the pool. The gym is usually lacking in cleaning and missing towels and water bottles. The pool area really needs to be regularly taken care of. There are days when the pool is very dirty and tables and chairs are a mess and jets to circulate water are normally turned off so the water gets a bit stagnant. We really do like our apartment but we also pay extra for all the amenities to enjoy and the only way to really enjoy them is if they are clean and fixed.

I’ve not been very impressed with the building management since moving in. It took over 3 months to receive an incentive that I was told I would have before Christmas. Something always seems to be broken in the building (an elevator, the garage door). I’m particularly upset with how much sound travels between units. I am affected daily by the people above me to the point where I am considering either changing units or moving after only three months in the building. I love the location and the concierges are all very kind. The building shared space is well maintained.

Nice quiet location, good amenities, exercise room is nice, wine social excellent, maintenance and timeliness lacking for example vacuum the halls

Everything still is going great my only problem is there is often problems with the elevators and the parking garage but everything else has been wonderful

Like the amenities, free bar and events for residents. But sometimes dogs around are annoying even during the night time. Management has to be more stern with people who don't​ follow the rules of the community.

I believe the building’s overall aesthetic and amenities really do relay luxury and fine living. I just wish certain things were prioritized here allowing for the full luxury experience. Some of the gentleman from valet couldn’t care less about their jobs & that’s apparent. The staff including the concierge lack of knowledge concerning the workings of different features in/around the building is inconvenient and inexcusable. The resounding smell of dog throughout the elevators and entrances are repulsive. And lastly, attention to the maintenance of outdoor furniture, gym equipment, lighting in the garage, on the building and in the halls, and outdoor area seems to be neglected. Outside of those concerns I believe this place makes for a nice home.

After a few hiccups I’m happy to say I live here. Moving is never easy but the office staff attempts to make amends in any way they can. I would recommend someone coming here.

Reply from The Carter

I have made several friends in this community! It has been a great experience to live so close to everything in Houston and within walking distance to museums!