The Citizens

Location concept and feel are all amazing. However some logistical issues keep me from rating higher. Some water damage to the apt that is proving difficult to fix from old stone work outside. The lack of parking despite assurances of "soon" and promises of like a bike storage space not being kept or set aside again with oh sure someday we will have one. Again good but not extraordinary.
We enjoy living at the citizens and love our apartment but do wish we had the pool this summer! They do a wonderful job of keeping the building clean and ensuring we are aware of any changes.
The Citizen has been the perfect community for me. The building has been restored and decorated to maintain its historical charm. It’s a quiet and private community with the perfect neighbors.
The things I love: The lobby, The Citizen's Trust bar, underground access to the parking garage, how clean the common areas are kept, the security of the building, my apartment layout and the size of my windows. The things I wish I had: More lighting in the apartment, especially by the pantry/laundry area, bike rack, onsite storage unit, recycling for trash, a pool, a heavy bag in the gym, staffed office/building management in the building, ability to put a credit balance in my payment account like I used to. The things that are bugging me: People who don't clean up after their pets, lack of a pool, only one parking spot available in the underground garage, construction trash, dirty windows, leaks around my window/water damage to walls, and that apparently some of the units are being rented out as AIRBNB.
Nothing "luxury" about this place except the price. Garage filthy, shotty construction, toilet took a week to fix, stainless steel appliances are merely stainless steel wrapped entry level appliances, fridge doesnt fit into the space in the kitchen, drains smell, ... basically a $800 apartment experience for $2100.
Pretty pricey for an apartment that is fairly basic. Great location downtown, but doesn’t feel like you’re getting much for what you pay. Parking garage is always caked in dirt, so your car gets filthy and you have to pay $125 for that each month (plus the cost of car washes for all the dirt)
Overall my experience at Citizens has been great. When there have been any issues with the complex, the management has addressed and even at times compensated the residents through different means.
Great ameneties and location. The gym has could use a couple more machines such as a pull up bar or TRX Banda and the windows are not sealed so rooms are a bit drafty.
Overall this is a great place to live. In general the management and maintenance are quick to respond to issues. There are some problems such as the fact that we told initially that both members of our household would be able to use the underground parking garage, and yet that has not been the case.
The amenities and location are great. So fun to have an amazing bar and restaurant in your building! Management is fairly responsive to issues and maintenance requests.