The Collective on 4th

4.3

4.3

Housing is quite a challenge in today's environment, especially in a large metropolitan area such as Portland. During my last visit to Portland, I mentioned this to a friend who recommended that I reach out to Davi Schmidt, who in addition to being an amazingly talented musical artist is also an Ambassador at The Collective on 4th. Davi was wonderful! She went above and beyond to introduce me to the property and the office staff. Since I had flew back to my home state, Davi even created a video tour of the apartment and was in constant communication with me. After a few phone calls and messages the process was set into motion and in a few short days, I had secured a beautiful space at an absolutely AMAZING rate. To top it off, the entire staff have been wonderful. From the first phone call, through the application process, and finally through our move-in, everyone has been so welcoming and kind. They are always pleasant and make me feel welcome as a resident. I am VERY happy here.
I love how modern the apartment is and the hot tub!! Everyone I have encountered has been so friendly and I love seeing how animal friendly it is!
This community is very welcoming. I haven’t had any concerns or problems with the collective. Everything here is perfect and I can see myself living here long term
These apartments are very pretty but we have had nothing but issues. In the last month we’ve only had 1 or 2 elevators working for a 15 story building, our power has gone out, and our shower walls were taken with no warning. I’d also like to mention when we first moved in, we were threatened with eviction for smoking when neither of us smoke. And when we finally cleared it up we got a “haha oops”. They mentioned that they’d be in the apartment for maintenance but did not say that we’d have no access to a shower and have all of our stuff ruined in the process. If we had a warning we could have cleared everything but no. This is borderline uninhabitable and the vague 24 hour notice is slum lord level. Of course like every other bad review here, it will likely be deleted. I tried calling but apparently their voicemail is full.
Absolutely love the residents and staff! Had had some issues in the past setting up parking and making sure all concessions and bills were set up, but everyone worked hard to fix them. Great community atmosphere, especially during the pandemic era.
The brand new building (grand opening 2020) has an abundance of floor plan layouts allowing potential residents to find an ideal unit regardless of criteria. The leasing staff is incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. Prime downtown location with walking highlights such as: PSU, Portland Waterfront, Pioneer Square, and CVS (in building). Units are clean and modern. Shared spaces definitely had functional and decorative thought put into them.
While I used to love living in this building, and was ecstatic to move in back in march, everything I fell in love with about the collective has since disappeared. Since moving in, the elevators have been out of service more times than I have kept track of, my car window has been bashed in while parked right outside even with security guards, my neighbors have made a terrible habit of leaving all of their garbage in the hallway (as well as being incredibly loud in the hallways as early as 4 in the morning), the pool deck is constantly closed because people trash the public space, and the overall building has lost its appeal. Management seems fairly dismissive, and I've begun to notice lots of flaws within my own apartment that I didn't encounter at the beginning. My electricity will randomly shut off all at once. The most frustrating and pertinent issue is by far the elevators, which I have spent as long as 8 minutes waiting for just to get downstairs to my car. :(
I am very happy to be part of the collective community. I am impressed with the cycle theme here. Gym here is great. The management resolves the work orders very quickly in case of any damages.
Overall it is positive. I generally like being left alone and I feel like I mostly have privacy. I wish the apartments were soundproofed a bit more thoroughly
I love the amenities of the building. I love the gym and the shower head Bluetooth speaker. I also love how everyone is close to my age so it forms a tight community for college students.