I LOVE living at the Cork Factory in the Strip District in Pittsburgh, PA. Great community filled with incredibly friendly people (and dogs).

moving into the Cork Factory has been an amazing experience so far. Everyone is very welcoming and it is a wonderful community. I love that dogs of all sizes are welcome!

Reply from The Cork Factory

The move in experience was seamless. At 1PM I received my keys. At 1:30PM I was in my apartment and headed out to local shopping. At 6PM I was watching a Penguins game in front of the outside big screen projection screen with some of the most social people I have ever met.

Reply from The Cork Factory

There is simply no other living communtiy like the Cork. Not only are the apartments much more spacious than anything else in the area, the people make it exceptionally special. The location can not be topped either! Its not an apartment, its a home.

Reply from The Cork Factory

Court factor is a nice place to live. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The residents are all welcoming. The outdoor courtyard is beautiful.

We’ve been here about a month and things have been good so far! The people are friendly, the amenities are excellent and our apt layout is unique.

Reply from The Cork Factory

We have really enjoyed living at The Cork Factory, and so have both our dogs! The amenities here are great. Living in the Strip District is incredibly convenient wether you're walking, biking or driving. Our only "room for improvement" comment would be that sound isolation between units should have been considered by the developer. It can be a bit noisy at times.

I really like living at the Cork. I work next door, so my commute is super easy. The apartments are clean and beautiful. I love the pool and living next to the River.I also love the strip. When I work in Pittsburgh, staying at the Cork is my first choice.

Reply from The Cork Factory

Great location & a fantastic living space. The complex has all the ammeneties that one may need. The loft style apartment make for a very spacious apartment.

I love living at the Cork Factory! The location is great as there are several bars and restaurants around. The grounds are beautiful. But, the community is really the best part. The residents are friendly and welcoming. Overall, it's a great place to live.

After being here a few weeks we overall are very much enjoying the building. We look forward to the warmer weather and enjoying more of the buildings outdoor amenities as well as getting to know more people.

Reply from The Cork Factory

Beautiful building, the concierge is great to have and there are nice amenities. I love the pet policy (no weight limit in dogs!). Not the most economical choice in Pittsburgh, but its definitely nice.

Advantages: historic "sense of place," diversity of residents, riverfront location, landscaping, proximity to Strip District high streets, dogs, community spirit of residents, 24/7 concierge. Disadvantages: fewer amenities than competitive properties (theater room, game room, kitchen, sauna, etc), dated common area facilities, lack of covered parking on site

In general we like living here, the staff is great, the people are friendly and the location is awesome. But there are some things that could be better.

Reply from The Cork Factory

A true community with a positive vibe!! Easy access to the Allegheny River, Strip District, great restaurants, shops and downtown! Enjoy the pool, hot tub, beautifully landscaped courtyard, grilling beside the river and weekly happy hour. Staff and residents alike have made our home a special place.

My husband and I are just finishing up our 11th year at the Cork Factory and looking forward to many more. That in itself should tell you how wonderful we think living here is. It truly is like one very large family. :)

Reply from The Cork Factory

I really enjoy the amenities that are offered and included. There are days it feels like a vacation living here and there is a great sense of community.

Reply from The Cork Factory

This is the best apartment building that I have ever personally lived in. There is so much to do in and around the cork factory such as happy hours in the lobby and walking penn ave. Great apartment building!

Reply from The Cork Factory

I moved into the Cork Factory about a month ago. I love living here! The apartments are beautiful - especially the backyard area. The community is welcoming and friendly. As a newcomer to Pittsburgh, I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to this lovely city.

Reply from The Cork Factory

Great place to live, well run apartment complex in the Strip district. Parking lot adjacent, extra cost per month and uncovered walking to it.

Reply from The Cork Factory

Being a cork factory resident is wonderful— I love the sense of community and comraderie! It feels like a really comfortable and familial place without the drama.

Moving into The Cork Factory has been the perfect remedy for the sadness I felt when I sold my home and made the move; I love it here!! Carmen, our leasing manager, welcomed me and made me feel at home from the time I first visited here, to the day I moved in! It's family! Any community is made that by the people living in it and from the friendliness, to the diversity, to the 'pups' living here, it's a good as it gets! The amenities are great, the location is great - it's great!!

Reply from The Cork Factory

Excellent facility in the heart of what will become a premiere destination in Pittsburgh. The Cork Factory is in a quiet neighbourhood with amazing development potential.

Staff are very friendly and accessible. 24 hour concierge service is provided. Wonderful Happy Hour every Thursday where neighbors get to know one another and plan activities together. This friendliness and neighborliness is the absolute best part of the Cork Factory! Very nice gym area across the street in the parking garage has weight machines, free weights and all the standard aerobic equipment. Courtyard with pool, outdoor seating, grills, fire pit and projector tv is beautiful. Apartments are large. Being an old factory, there is a very industrial motif with brick walls and cement floors and ceilings. Full-size washer and dryer in apartments. Free bike storage and large laundromat-type washer/dryer in basement. Also paid storage and dog wash available in basement. The Bad: Stove/Oven is very low quality appliance for a "luxury" apartment. Extremely poor kitchen design where drawers don't open the whole way because another drawer is in the way. No Pantry cupboard, no hall/foyer closet, very little actual storage provided in the apartments despite having plenty of room for it. No lighting in living room or bedroom areas and despite the large industrial windows, the apartment is quite dark. Very cheap thermostat that can't be properly adjusted for temperature or scheduled to go on and off throughout the day. Hallways smell of cigarettes and trash from the dumpster below. Fortunately, this doesn't seem to enter my apartment. The Ugly: The Parking is across the street in a Public Garage without assigned spaces.

Wonderful apartment complex. The staff is phenomenal and very responsive. The common areas are clean and useful. My favorite amenity is the community vegetable garden.