Despite its overpriced nature, the apartment complex brings nothing but trouble. I began my stay by entering an apartment with a table covered with marijuana and a stench from the mixture of weed and wet dogs. Upon complaining to staff, I was told that I’d just have to get used to not being able to breathe in my own apartment, because “college kids.” Yet, I’ve lived in several other student housing complexes, and that’s never been a problem, especially considering it’s illegal. When I was allowed to move units, at least the new unit was cleaner despite being very much need of being cleaned, repainted, etc. The apartment charges “annual fees” that are actually “per lease fees” meaning that signing two leases to cover a 12 month period, when different from the preset period, gets you charged the “annual fee” twice despite only renting for 12 months. Most recently, my rent failed to be posted on time. Finally, I was forced to call the office to have it posted. Then, after having it fixed, I not only received a call informing me that I was somehow delinquent despite having paid rent, I come home to my apartment after a weekend with my parents, to find a red letter informing me, those who walk by, and my roommates, that I’m behind on my rent and subject to eviction. This despite the fact that I was not in fact behind at all, but rather the apartment complex had made a mistake. Perhaps the apartment complex should consider using some of the profits from rent to train its staff to doublecheck themselves and their own records, before rushing to cause embarrassment to their residents and force them to step away at work to rectify their mistakes? Yet, not so much as an apology was issued, much less any meaningful reparation. If I make a mistake and am actually late paying my rent, I’m penalized with a fee. Perhaps the apartment should begin offering a small rent abatement to rectify embarrassing a resident because of its own mistakes. This complex has been nothing but unprofessional in every interaction I have had with staff. I would hope they at least work on this given the uncleanliness and disrepair of many of its units as well as the overpriced nature, extra fees for parking that’s not even by the apartment and it’s other unnecessary fees.

I like the size and ammenities of my apartment. However, I’ve had three awful experiences with the staff. They do not listen or accommodate to your needs and for that reason I wouldn’t recommended living here to anyone it ruins the experience.

Reply from The District at South

from the Ancient Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences

Reply from The District at South

It’s pretty straight . I can’t complain . Only two things I think should be changed is I wish the pets that people own here were clean. They are dirty

Maintenance never comes when a request is put in. Apartment wasn’t put together well when first moved in, overall a very terrible experience!

Reply from The District at South

It is extremely dirty, all of the elevators are broken, it is unsafe, is smell, there is disgusting liquids and foods over the floor and walls

Reply from The District at South

It has taken maintenance forever to simply put a light bulb in my ceiling fan and bathroom. We still have shelves in our kitchen that should be fixed. We are also expecting to install some functional cabinets underneath our kitchen sink with a garbage disposal. Either management or maintenance is very slow when it comes to fulfilling work orders because they are long over due. I have tried my best to remain patient but I'm starting to lose it.

I’ve had many problems since I’ve lived here. Before I moved in, I was told I would have two roommates. When i actually moved in, I had three and did not know about her until she walked into the living room. It was very shocking. Then I had a mold problem in my unit which took forever to finally be fixing and the “fix“ which is below the air conditioner looks horrible. It was definitely not fixed the way it should have. I also had an incident where my apartment was broken into. I actually received money from the items that were stolen but this situation has made me feel very unsafe in my own apartment. The walls/floors are paper thin so my room is very hard to study in.

Reply from The District at South

The district are apartments for college students from different schools in Mobile. The residents here are pretty chill. This place could host more events.

Reply from The District at South

The edge is a nice place to live. It's a little ghetto but it's still fine. There is still a lot of dog poop everywhere. The hallways are also nasty.

Reply from The District at South

Nice pool and living space. However, hallways always stink because of trash and dogs. The parking situation is trash since free parking is not free anymore. Also, im hearing mire about roaches in the building.

Reply from The District at South

Great value for all the amenities that you get. However, there is a big cockroach problem in our room. They have tried to fix it and while it has gotten better, it’s still not fixed.

Reply from The District at South

Everything here is subpar. Nothing for what you pay for. All of the furniture and appliances are either dingy or broken. Wouldn’t stay here again.

Reply from The District at South

Everything is alright , I just have to get more comfortable. Only because I am not from around here and I barely know anybody except for my teammates.

Reply from The District at South

Apartment came with a lot of problems and management does very little to fix them. We had a Gnat infestation and were told we need to clean out our garbage disposal. All appliances work very poorly. Toilets don’t flush all the way and dishwasher leaves food on dishes.

Reply from The District at South

So far my experience has been ok. My biggest problem was the delay in my maintenance orders, but now that they have been done it’s much better.

Reply from The District at South

I have had a few troubles, 1 being that the day I moved in there was mold in the air vents of my apartment. I got moved, but was moved in with two people that smoked a lot of illegal drugs.

Reply from The District at South

This is a good place to live if it’s your first time living in an apartment. Living directly across the street from South is very convenient.

Reply from The District at South

It is okay. I just moved in but it looks okay so far. The roommates seem kinda clean and they are nice. The person that relented the apartment to me said things can get loud there.

Reply from The District at South

It is a decent place to live. Could make many improvements. There are good events at the clubhouse a lot and the pool is really nice too. Hope there is a grill soon.

My experience has been ok. Management does not respond to residents in a timely manner. The parking is horrible. You have to pay extra just to park closer to the building. Plus next year they are charging to park across the the street. There is barley any visitor parking also

Reply from The District at South

It’s fairly decent for the price. There’s always dog poop everywhere in the grass. The elevator was broken for a month before it was fixed. People are usually nice.

Reply from The District at South

It was ok living here for the most part. The apartments are ok but there are a few things such as the office changing hours and not emailing to let the residents know.

Reply from The District at South

Community need to be cleaned and power washed. Tenants should not be made to pay to park where they live. More cameras should be installed or reviewed to catch illicit activities.

Reply from The District at South

Experience so far has been good. I used to love at the grove and was not even close to satisfied there. I can say that I am satisfied here. The hallways could definitely be cleaner, but that is all I have so far!