The noise from the construction sites nearby is intolerable, and runs late into the night. It is something I was told nothing about when I first viewed the apartment, and management staff have been dismissive about it

Reply from The Eugene

Haven’t get experience the apartment community, but rating the move in experience, thing as are not good. Move in day was disorganized and the apartment was in bad shape

Reply from The Eugene

very poor and bad experience Not qualified as a luxury apartment in Manhattan Why u guys never pay attention to those lost packages and the smell of the lobby

Reply from The Eugene

The neighborhood is not good. A lot of homeless people around the surroundings. My neighbors are crazy. Cops are banging at their door in the middle of the night every few months. There are a lot of lower income housing residents in the building. The construction noise will give me a headache day and night. It's a constant jackhammer pounding that I can't get away from. The front dest staff is really nice and caring. One of the only good things about living here. Rent is way overpriced and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Reply from The Eugene

Management tries to engage people, but I don't feel like there's much of a "community" among residents. Additionally, a lot of people are rude and don't clean up after themselves

Too noisy in the apartment. Water quality isn’t good and water filtera wouldn’t apply to the taps or the shower head. The gym has a terrible smell of something under construction.

The worst thing about this building is the never-ending construction. I am waken up every morning at sharp seven. The view from my windows are completely blocked. This is really annoying.

Reply from The Eugene

The Eugene is a nice building with great amenities and staff. However, there are also quite a few shortcomings including, but not limited to, shoddy construction work in the buildings (i.e. misaligned joints, exposed stucco, poorly installed windows) and thin walls. The thin walls only amplify the very loud construction work that is happening in the Hudson Yards area.

Reply from The Eugene

Wouldn’t say there’s much of a “community” at the Eugene. LIVuntld’z events are done well but not many people tend to show up. Otherwise have not had issues with other residents.

Reply from The Eugene

I love the views from the apartment. People have been friendly. The washer and particularly the dryer don't function much at all. Also, the elevator situation is really unacceptable given the number out of service so far

Reply from The Eugene

Amenities could be better maintained... Most of our pinball machines don't work and the climbing wall doesn't allow chalk? I wish there was better infrastructure for interacting with my fellow leasers etc.

Reply from The Eugene

Been here for a while now, perspectives sure did changed. I wouldn't just most residents based on what I've came across but the ones I did can be more friendly and polite? I just think that greeting can improve individuals mood.

Reply from The Eugene

should open air conditioner to change air in the hallway, because the smell is always bad on the 35th floor. and the charging outlet on the library desk are always not working.

Reply from The Eugene

I really enjoyed the facility, interior decoration, and the staffs here. However, I have been hearing consistent and loud construction noise every early morning since three weeks ago, which is a bit annoying. Also, I would suggest keeping two people at the front desk at all time since a lot of times I walk in there was only one person at the desk and he or she would disappear to the back to get some packages for the residents, which leaves the front desk unattended and insecure. I love the whole atmosphere a lot and I wish to see some positive changes as I keep live here.

Reply from The Eugene

Very good staff and building. Packages sometimes lost and slow to be found. The gym is great, there are lots of machines and open space. Wish staff wouldn’t lock the roof deck in the winter.

Reply from The Eugene

Friendly staff, nice amenities. However, the trash chute room is very dirty, and there is a resident on my floor who screams and knocks on the door for 20+ minutes at 3am.

Reply from The Eugene

it would be much better if we don't have to wait in line one by one and get packages at the front desk. There could probably be an easier way.

Reply from The Eugene

Building itself is brand new, delivered in March earlier this year. Have had consistent issues with appliances in our unit (dishwasher flooding, oven malfunction). Management of the building has been poor. They reached out to give notice of renewal timing then did not respond to three emails over the course of two weeks. Negatives aside, the concierge service and front desk staff are very helpful.

Reply from The Eugene

We need to pick up the package at front desk, which is fine. Yet sometimes it takes really long time as many residents are trying to wait to be served one by one. Probably there could be a better way. Also it would be better if there’s camera on each floor, for the security reason.

Reply from The Eugene

LOVE the amenities & the staff is very friendly. My only complaint is that sometimes there is only one person manning the front desk so a long line builds up and you have to wait a while to pick up packages. Also, the elevator for the higher level floors is so slow and packed because anyone who wants to go to the roof has to use it.

Reply from The Eugene

Great setting with amazing activities and options. Looking forward to staying here! Form the gym to basketball court to rooftop and classes there is a lot to experience and never the same all contained in this community

Reply from The Eugene

Nice appliances and amenities. Great interior design. There are sometimes that no one would be present at front desk (getting package for residents) which shall be addressed.

Reply from The Eugene

Haven’t had that much of experience thus far as just moved in. However, I can say the apartment was found in good condition and the staff was welcoming and helpful

Reply from The Eugene

It’s been very welcoming and inclusive. Everyone is very friendly and the concierge go above and beyond. Everywhere is clean and well kept. We love the place

Reply from The Eugene

Amazing amenities and surprisingly not that crowded considering the amount of residents. Would love to know why the main entrance still looks like a construction site even though it was completed over a year ago.