I regret signing a lease here. The apartment needs renovating, its very loud, my dryer hasn't worked properly since I moved in. I am counting down the months until I can move out and find a decent place.

From when we first moved into the Gables, there have been drastic changes in this complex. My husband and I can't wait for our lease to be up so we can move out of here. The increased crime is unsettling. I no longer feel safe walking my dog alone here from the several shooting incidents that have taken place over the past month and a half. Not to mention a large marijuana bust as well. There are actually multiple people who smoke marijuana near where my husband and I stay because we smell it all the time. For how expensive it is here, it's pretty ridiculous that this complex isn't kept nicer. When we walk our dog there is always an unnecessary amount of garbage and dog feces everywhere despite the fact that the complex provides bags and trash bins. We have had so many issues with appliances and such being run down, falling apart, and constantly having to make requests for maintenance and things to be fixed. Needless to say we will not be renewing our lease here this fall.

The website requires a rather high service fee, but really doesn't provide much of a service - no email reminders, not much transaction history. I assume the office downloads a weekly report to use to know when to post notifications on residents' doors - this is presumably out of date - a single late payment resulted in a threat to evict rather than a reasonable grace period. Grounds are typically a bit of a mess - broken glass near the dumpster and food in the parking lot.

Living here has not been great and I will not be signing another lease here. Front office is so sweet but the people that live here oh my gosh.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

the staff is great...but a lot of my new neighbors seem to be a rowdier bunch. The laundry machines are a bit neglected and take a long while to be repaired.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Been here 3 years. The grounds, specifically our breezeways could be cleaned, power washed. It really bothers me that such a simple cosmetic thing could make me want to move. It never gets done. One of the office staff members could converse and communicate in a way better manner. Often appears to have a bad attitude

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

The property is not as kept up as I would like. The bathroom, kitchen, and baseboards are falling apart. Door paint peeling off door because they were never sanded or Peel's before hand. There are no sidewalks to around or up to buildings parking spots block walk up to bulidings

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

I've lived here for 13 years and the only complaints I have is living upstairs and I've been in this apt for about 7 yrs and it needs new carpet desperately and needs new paint

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Noisy neighbors and items still not fixed. I really liked it here at beginning, but recently have went a little downhill in quality of maintenance, no security officer that lives on site and other things to make this place a good place to live

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Not a bad "first apartment" but I've had multiple issues with noise from my neighbors and every time I've tried to have it resolved, the people managing the apartment make me feel like a huge burden and nothing gets done about the issues. Certain people in the office can be nice but others are extremely rude and unhelpful.

Awesome staff! Very close to my workplace and affordable price rent ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผCan't wait to move in!!! It's also close to schools and stores. I would recommend this place for those people who are looking for short term apartment rent.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

I do love the space. I feel the inside could be a little better based on what I pay, but like I said the space is nice. Like l living in any apartment it will be noisy but I will say the new neighbors I just got our up at all hours of the night I haven't put in a complaint yet because I know they're young but if it keeps me awake any longer I will. As far as management goals I know some of them do as best as I can but I feel it could be better. This is my first apartment and I would say it was good for that.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

New challanges have been presented with an ant infestation. It took a doctors note get us moved to another unit. The property definitely lacks some updates for the price. We will give it another try in our new unit.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Still just ok. A little better since moving units finally. Better than before. Could still use some overall improvements community wise...slightly better maintainance of outside common areas.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

The kitchens need severe updates, as well as bathrooms. There is NO pantry storage in any of the units I've seen. Other than those things, it is a nice community to live in.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

parking is horrible but at least finally it seems a little more safe since all the lights under the parking area are working now...... now if only they will keep them turned on at all times once they start to burn out!

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Affordable but rent prices changed drastically when we renewed our lease. Very quick on maintenance requests and the office staff is super helpful!

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

I moved in on the 15th of October and it's now the 1st of November and I am still waiting on repairs to be fixed. I do appreciate the most important things being corrected like bathroom shower and tub (although to be honest wasn't the greatest work done either) and carpet. But waiting 2 weeks and counting seems a bit ridiculous. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come living here

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

The office staff is friendly. We love the pool area in the summer. The maintenance staff is quick to fix issues although they have sorted many times amd there are stll roaches.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

I've lived here a while, it's been the typical apartment life. Most neighbors have been wonderful. Maintenance "fixes" things enough to get by!

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

It been alright a couple of things didn't work in the apartment hot pressure and shower does t work. It only my first day and gave 13 months so I hope this was right choice

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

So far so good. Neighbors are friendly and easy to get along with. Community is pretty clean and maintained for its age. Look forward to spending another year here.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Ants are everywhere all the time and parking is a disaster but other than that they a pretty nice apartments I wish they came with their own washer and dryer

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Office staff are freindly and helpful, maintenance makes some odd decisions, but responds quickly. Some of the other residents, however, are awful.

Reply from The Gables of McKinney Apartments

Yeah I'm just writing this for the points, oh I need 140 character minimum so I'll keep writing until it say 140. So some random words. Ummm Waffles. Oh no that's more than 140. So yeah waffles.