The Garey Building

1 star
The noise issues within the community is out of control. I haven’t seen anyone living here try to make the community better. People throw trash at the floor when the bins are full and owners don’t mind picking up after their dogs.
I do like the building, but for a luxury apartment there are things that are very difficult — like receiving guests and packages. A doorman or full time security would make this experience a lot more worth it. Similarly there are not enough barbecues and common areas for the residents so I never get to use them.
Location is great and common areas are typically well maintained but community needs to get more EV charging. Also having minimum 140 characters for this review is annoying.
The gym is very small and does not have a lot of room to workout. Walls are very thin. Lots of leaves in the hallways. Securities are very helpful
The Garey is a great building but we have to come down to get takeout which is inefficient and not what I signed up for. The staff is nice but sometimes things fall through many many cracks. The maintenance and cleaning staff are so kind. I love them. I really enjoy living here I just which that we could have better systems to make tenant lives easier. Sometimes in the morning the coffee maker doesnt work, the wifi goes down alot.
Pros: Excellent amenities, timely maintenance, friendly and helpful security. The guest parking is also really great. Cons: Inflexible and uncooperative management
Great. Love the community, complex and everyone that works at The Garey. My only complaint is the extremely thin floors and walls. You basically can hear everything your neighbors are doing. Everything is audible from dropping something on the floor, walking, showering. Everything. Lack of privacy as a result.
One problem is that the rent increases each year and it’s already quite expensive to live here. Otherwise, the amenities are wonderful here.
The community room was once open to residents and now only available to rent- usually a complex will insist on a deposit which is returned unless there are damages- but not the case here.
Pros: seems like a safe community and maintenance keeps the place clean Cons: I can hear every movement of the neighbors upstairs. I wish we had more eco friendly lights etc