The Girard Apartments

Elevators can be slow but otherwise very happy with our decision to move here! Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. Location is superb!
Elevator situation has been very tough. Have lived here for over a year, and it's been a constant issue. It doesn't seem building ownership is taking this issue seriously.
If it weren't for all the issues that took MONTHS to even address with the hotel guests and the elevators being down all the time (we've had to walk to the 19th floor), this place could be really nice. Maintenance is great and responds quickly. But if we could have moved out earlier, we would have. Instead it took almost 6 months for concerns to even be addressed. We STILL don't have access to the bike storage. I still don't know if there's additional storage downstairs available now because no one ever gets back to us about anything. For the price we're paying, this place should have managed things significantly better. We're looking at a different but similar building down the street to move to now.
One, two or all elevators have been down for over a month. Totally unsatisfactory, dangerous and outrageous. Beyond promises from management, no fix in sight. Other than this, building is fabulous.
Had a little hiccup with all the elevators being out of order for a few hours one of the first nights we moved in, but other than that everything has been great.
Living at the girard has its pros and cons. The location is second to none and amenities are top notch. The elevators have been breaking down a lot recently which after walking up 23 flights of stairs I can’t say I’m thrilled about, but management has been keeping us updated, having the technicians come to fix them and ordering parts with the inevitable delays of COVID.
So far not impressed with how the Girard. Elevators constantly down. 1-2 elevators are always either not working or being reserved. Amenities have been unusable (one of the main reasons why I moved in here) due to COVID-19 which I totally understand but management is unwilling to offer any discount on our amenity fee or any additional benefit and even now the amenities are open with limited access I found out we share these amenities with the apartments next door to us and the hotel guests which makes them practically unusable. Staff is not very friendly or helpful. Really disappointed with my experience.
Really good - Other then the amenity spaces. I wish they were open considering that’s baked into the monthly rent. Feels like we pay for the spaces and don’t have the luxury of using them.
So far everything is fine. Even though I just move into the apartment and this pandemic going on. I didn't have a chance to enjoy the amentities.
The Girard is clean, quiet and in a great neighborhood with lots of shopping and restaurants. Plus the amenities can’t be beat! My apartment is sunny and warm with a fabulous view. Easily the best building in the city.