The Highlands

The apartments aren’t bad but a lot of the stuff in them are cheap and don’t work properly. The WiFi is awful, and the support team struggles. It’s adequate
The price is way too much to share apartments with random roommates. The selection process has some serious flaws. The noise from other apartments needs of be fixed. You can’t study or even sleep when people are partying at 2 in the morning.
It's a great place to stay, nice and quiet. Things got dicey during quarantine, but that's to be expected. Overall great apartments to live in and the amenities provided are excellent when you can use them
My apartment community has been great, especially through the whole pandemic. The Highlands has found many ways to still feel like a 'community' through the use of social media.
It’s not terrible for a first apartment but I feel like we are paying WAY more than what the space is actually worth. The appliances aren’t the greatest either. Noise between units is crazy- I can hear my neighbors opening their dresser drawers! Overall, I’m not mad I decided to live here, but I’m not renewing my lease.
The amenities are great. I like that the apartment is furnished and taken care of. The location is great since it is only a twenty minute walk to the center campus.
The rooms for some of the floorplans are quite small. They allow pets which is good, but I have noticed most people let their dogs run around the property off leash which is not good for dog owners who have dog aggressive dogs. Dogs run up on other dogs all the time and half the owners do not seem to care to control their animals.
I had a great time living at the highlands this past year. I had to go home early because of COVID but overall it was a good experience. Great living conditions
experience so far has been great. I started using the gym more and can't wait until the pool opens up. There are some issues with noise later at night, there are a lot of rowdy neighbors. The parking is great but there are sometimes a lot of broken bottles from irresponsible people. The only other problem I've had is the trash, I think it's pretty gross that it's left all around the trashcan instead of getting inside of it. The apartments itself are great, the people that live there are sometimes irresponsible.
It has been my first year in the highlands and I signed my lease for next year! I have loved the location of the apartments and the proximity to campus and downtown Reno. Having access to a gym, pool, volleyball courts, and basketball courts all the time is a huge plus in student living.