The Lex

3.8

3.8

1 star
Most amenities were closed during my Lease time- this included the pool, gym, and “club area” Also, trash often piled up in hallways which left an unpleasant odor… the area is also not the safest-as I often saw 6 to 7 police cars stopped on the side of the road right outside my window and considering that a man got held at gunpoint one night.
Great location and the apartment is nice overall. However, my roommate is paying $665 a month and their “walk-in” closet is two 2’ long wire shelves on one wall and a crappy tie rack on a hanging piece of drywall that connects to the HVAC unit. Main issue is our heating: the unit stays at set temp but blows out cold air when on auto. We have to manually shut it off, and when we’re not there our electric bill skyrockets. The front office is always great, but upper management closed my request and decided it wasn’t their problem because maintenance didn’t find anything the first try (even though our electric bill had over doubled). After another month of outrageous bills (almost triple our usual bill), maintenance found the error. Even then, our bills continued to be insane, and it was just due to a very inefficient HVAC system. $225/mo electricity for a small 2 bedroom apartment is stupid (lights off during the day, conservative heat/AC usage). Beware of these insane extra charges!!!
I haven’t moved in yet but it has already been the easiest apartment to get information from. I’ve been in contact with someone who has helped tremendously and made this process super easy
Love working here, and was a resident for a year and loved my room! The location was great for my first year of college as well, with target down the road, and lots of food in walking distance. Parking being included also was a plus.
The apt is nice but it was very dirty when I moved in. I let administration know but nothing was done. My family and I cleaned it ourselves including throwing away garbage and personal items left in the unit.
I absolutely love living here! The staff are amazing and answer all my questions! These renovations are great, my room feels brand new. I’m super glad I renewed!
Sometimes management does not communicate well with one another. But each person is nice. Wish hallways smelled better and were cleaner. But all in all, pretty good experience.
I resigned my lease thinking I got the best deal if I signed quick, but later on there were better deals so that’s annoying. I wish I waited and didn’t sign
The front office is really helpful! The layout of the rooms is nice and very functional. There are a lot of parking spaces for residents which is amazing!!! I feel safe staying here with the security to get into each building. That is important because the location can be kind of scary sometimes. The walls are really really thin on every side to where I can hear everything from above and outside my door.
The lex was a good apartment complex to live in for 3 years. It’s nice that they have furniture the new renovations will make the rooms much nicer. The management isn’t the greatest on some things but other than that it’s been a decent place to live