The Masonry Apartments

3.4

3.4

Katrina
about 18 hours ago
I love my home but I wish there was more stuff that was offered to residents as far as community building or morale boosting events. I also wish engine company had a nicer looking lobby. Maintenance always gets things done, the elevator always works, the gym is always clean!
Susan
I like it here. I'm so thankful for the new management company that took over recently; Drucker-Falk. It's sp good to now have a professional acting and truly caring group. The maintenance team is great. Corbin is the best. I hope DF does take care of my 2 major ongoing, since I moved in here, issues that old management group ignored.
Lisa
The apartment is nice at The Tracks but it’s small, the building has roaches and parking is Awful . 2 tickets In 4 months since there is no available parking. I WFH so I shouldn’t have to leave my unit every 2 hours during my shift to “find” a new spot . Overall the appliances are nice and the staff repaired my problems quickly. I just feel like they can sweep the halls more and at least give a discount for the nearby parking garages . The floors and walls are thin too but all Inclusive is nice so I’m half and half lol. It’s Okay .
Serecur
So far since this new company has taken over my encounters with them has been terrible. The manager completely humiliated me in the leasing office. Then I had to call them over a abandoned notice that was in my door which was ridiculous. Then when I spoke to the Spanish lady she was EXTREMELY rude and didn’t explain why they assumed we abandoned our apartment. I was told that I hadn’t spoken to them about a situation I personally came into the leasing office and spoke to them about when they first took over. Sorry I don’t know her name but she was very rude and I didn’t get a email response from the email we responded to. I feel like they are harassing us to an extent. It’s truly unfortunate they are deciding to start their relationship with residents in this way. Especially with what’s been going on.
Christopher
The leasing management has been very engaging and compliant when it comes to answering questions or concerns tenants have pertaining to maintenance, utilities/ rent, housing policies, etc.
Clayton
Overall, I like the Masonry. I haven't really had the need to deal with maintenance or the leasing office too much. I did get temporarily charged with a late fee even though my check was in the rent drop box on the 5th, however that was corrected later. The noise is a bit aggravating, but I guess that just comes with the territory of Shockoe Bottom. My biggest complaint would probably be parking. I was told the lot out front of the Tracks building was full when I moved in, however there are always ~10 open spots. Otherwise, I am satisfied.
Bernard
So here's the thing. I love the location of my building and I love my apartment, but dealing with the switch off of management as of late has been kind of frustrating and sort of irritating. I still have maintenance issues that need to be resolved and I still have a bit of a Pest problem. I feel that once a legitimate Management Company comes in properly look after the buildings, then things could become better for the residents.
Charles
It was cool until they changed management, my rent went up & was not told! I found out with a letter on my door saying my rent was late. People in the office are not helpful, their answer to everything is “we don’t have access to that information, we are working on getting it!” No where to park unless you pay for parking! My lease says I have access to a pool & fitness center, but I have no idea where either places are. I don’t want to ask because I don’t feel like being treated like I’m not a resident & jumping through hoops to find out! Wish I would’ve thought it through first!
Alontay
Been at the Masonry for about 4 months now, even with the new management team coming in they have been quite fantastic, some minor bumps in the road but nothing they couldn’t handle.
Sara
We love that our apartment has smart home features. All appliances are brand new. We have a beautiful patio. We are super excited to use the pool this summer.