Great community, responsive leasing office, and I love being so close to the river in the hear of Shockoe Bottom! I love the modern building and decor, grills, rooftop spaces, and the pools.

I love the maintenance staff here— they are always so prompt and professional. The cleaning crew is also pretty awesome. The building always smells fresh and clean. Trash valet is a huge plus

So far so good. Love the location and all of the amenities being included. Not a ton of space in the apartments but just enough to feel comfortable. The one thing I would change are the kitchen Cabinets. They are so small. Other than that I'm really happy with my choice. Love having a garage unit where I don't have to fight for a parking spot and also have a great street entrance.

It's a very nice downtown experience. There is always someone new in the leasing office which makes it hard sometimes to get things done. The cleaning staff is always so nice and so is maintenance.

Pros: apartment size, newer construction/appliances, location/neighborhood, close to public transportation Cons: front office not as helpful after move in, parking options within property & surrounding neighborhood

I love living here! The value and amenities are wonderful. Staff has always been helpful and inclusive of everyone! I feel welcomed in the community!

Reply from The Overview

I feel I haver the best place in the house! Exactly center to everything with a beautiful view. The maintenace staff is awesome and always polite. I love that I can park and not have to deal with extreme weather. I appreciate all the amenities that come with this place, including the package concierge and coffee. I can walk to my favorite places to eat and hang out, and spend quality time by the river. And even though I cannot make many events these days, I apprecaite them being offered and plan to attend more in the future!

Reply from The Overview

Like my apartment but some people make up parking spots in the garage on a daily basis in the middle of the thru lane. It’s not safe, but nothing is done.

Loved living here! It’s so quiet with unique apartments and sweet views! I wish I didn’t have to move for work, but definitely referring my friends!

No freight elevator caused loss of furniture. Staff very friendly. Some follow up was a little slow or had to be rescheduled. Looking forward to experience.

Loved everything about our apartment. The only thing is we moved in bought a ton of groceries, but we’re not able to cook because our sink is won’t drain nor will the garbage disposal work. We called and reported it but the problem is still not resolved... Now we have to spend more money eating out on top of what we spent on groceries.

Reply from The Overview

I have really enjoyed living in the Overview Cityside. The building is maintained really well, I think my apartment is very cute, and the staff is very responsive and friendly. The pool is an option I don't use because it's usually kind of gross and people misbehave there, but I love the rooftop lounge in my building. Having a parking pass has been totally great, and having all of my utilities included is the best. I will say that over the last year that I've lived here, a bunch of younger sets of people have moved in- which is fine - except for the hollering and pregaming on weekend nights before going out. Generally though, it's a nice community and I've been happy here. I plan to stay at least another 5 months, potentially longer.

Reply from The Overview

It has been an adequate and enjoyable experience. The maintenance personnel are quite responsive and do a great job. The staff is generally available.

I absolutely love the overview. It is in the perfect location and the management is awesome. I work at the hospital, so it is a very quick walk, and also nearby a ton of cool shops, restaurants, and the canal walk and capital trail. 10/10 recommend!

Reply from The Overview

Flat rate for all amenities! It’s very convenient that I only have one bill! The unit is really nice and very spacious! I love it! I renewed my lease for another 18 months

Reply from The Overview

I've really enjoyed it here so far. Amenities are great & the apartment has been fantastic. Great location too; everything is just a short walk away.

Reply from The Overview

Friendly staff! Great response to maintenance requests! Perfect location for work and great restaurants nearby! Fantastic amenities with nice pools and great views of the river and city! Only been here around a week, but we believe we absolutely made the right choice! Joe & Monika Gliksman

Reply from The Overview

I am a fresh college graduate, and being my first apartment I have been so happy with The Overview since I moved in. Being in Shockoe has been incredible and I love that I'm ale to walk to the store, a bar, a restaurant, or the river all within 7 minutes if I want. The neighborhood is truly nice and for it to be in the city neighbors are super friendly. Keep up the good work I have no complaints!

Reply from The Overview

I love The Overview! Beautiful amenities, state of the apartments, and great location! Wish it were a bit cheaper and the “free parking” as advertised is kind of fake because you can’t actually find a spot, but overall great place!

Reply from The Overview

As soon as I moved in I already feel a welcome and homey vibe!!! We truly love the pool area and the amenities this apartment brings! It is everything we ever imagined and more!

Reply from The Overview

I really love my apartment unit and the building overall. It’s frustrating though that the main elevator hasn’t been working for this long, and the rent price is pretty high compared to other complexes nearby. Lastly, I wish the building itself felt cooler/ less humid/ smelled better.

Reply from The Overview

I have only been living here for a few weeks but I already have such amazing things to say. I was out of the country when I was trying to sign my lease and get everything squared away and the entire team was so understanding and accommodating. Made me feel like I really made the right choice in living here :)

Reply from The Overview

I love that this area is in close proximity to almost everything. Even though the staff has changed during my 4 years I've stayed here they are still on top of their job ensuring that all residents are satisfied.

Reply from The Overview

Love my apartment! The noise level has gotten better lately. Maintenance is always timely. The only complaint I have is how frequent our garages have to be done, a slight for inconvenience for new parking.

Great convenient location. Wonderful amenities. Friendly and responsive leasing staff and maintenance team. Overall, an excellent community.