the pavilion is a nice place to live. the trash situation needs a lot of work though and it is wildly overpriced for the charlottesville real estate market

The apartments are very nice but the wifi is quite frustrating. The rooms are spacious, which is a plus. The gym is a little disappointing but also convenient.

Expensive for an apartment in Charlottesville. The new management team is making some improvements (fixing the trash pile up situation, installing a coffee machine).

great location - close to business and law school and barracks shopping center bit overpriced for what you're getting, there shouldn't be a separate fee for parking

Pav is doing much better now under new management. The coffee machine and trash situation are making this better to live here. One thing that could be managed better is parties in the court yards during certain hours.

Great apartments and furniture package. Some troubles with maintenance and building cleanliness at first, but it is obvious new management is working to improve this.

The internet is just subpar. Thats my only problem. I enjoy the apartment, I enjoy the facilities, I enjoy the pool and the employees. I just wish the internet wasn't so terrible.

The new management is clearly making an effort to win over students who were disillusioned by the last management, which is very much appreciated. Areas that could use the most improvement include the maintenance request/response system, the trash system, and the internet outages.

3 1/2 stars currently, and hopeful to be able to rate higher in the near future. New management quickly fixed the trash problem, which I'm very thankful for. However, internet is still quite slow at times, despite promises to improve it. Also, it's at the point of the year where it's consistently warm outside, and yet the pool remains closed and without furniture. Overall, management responsive and helpful (esp. Laura Bales).

New management has definitely been an improvement for the Pavilion. Seems like the new management is really taking our recommendations seriously and trying to implement new measures to improve the Pav community.

Not too fond of the new package system, which is more-or-less a reversion to the system back in 2014-15 (versus having the packages delivered directly to us). The trash system is definitely improving, which I appreciate. I would love if we could have a legitimate recycling option rather than single stream, which really doesn't result in recycling. Absolutely adore the maintenance staff--always pleasant and responsive.

Reply from The Pavilion at North Grounds

Getting much better. Still have some work to do with fixing the problems of the previous management team, but definitely moving in the right direction.

Doing well. Transition has gone smoothly. The only issue remaining is the internet, which is still patchy. Great job on upgrading the game room.

Trash maintenance has improved tremendously over the past few months. There is much more communication with residents about what is going on. There could still be improvements made to the workout area.

Love the apartment, the remodeling is a bit disruptive and I wish you would open the pool doors earlier in the day so we don't have to walk around the entire building to get out at 7am.

The location, pet friendly atmosphere, and amenities at the pavilion are good, but the maintenance was lacking (dirty hallways and severe trash problems). Under the new management this seems to be improving. Overall the location and convenience is worth the price, at least when you first arrive in Charlottesville.

It looks like Pavilion is making some great changes! The planned upgrades to the internet and the courtyard are great! Once they get the billing system fixed they'll be in good shape.

The apartment is great. I really like have an outdoor area. Having a pool in the summer time is also amazing. The only thing I would improve upon is getting the administration more organized. Two of my rent checks and a package have been lost.

I absolutely love the pavilion. The staff is fantastic and super helpful. Most of the neighbors are quite and respectful. The new upgrades are beautiful!

It's a great location, but under the prior management, the building lacked the quality we're paying for. I appreciate the new paint, coffee machine, improved trash system, and improved lobby. I hope you add uploaded documents to the website, however, so that I can see my lease and all other forms online. But I really like the direction the new management is headed in, so please keep it up! We notice and really appreciate it.

great place and tons of improvement with the new management. They have heard out complaints and made meaningful changes to make the community at the pavilion a truly wonderful place to live.

I appreciate the multiple changes going on in our community to improve it. I especially like the new chairs by the pool, they are a lot nicer looking than our previous green ones.

Perfect location for the law school, great amenities (pool/coffee machine/business room/gym). There's also everything you need in your apartment -- washer/dryer, dishwasher, etc., and I love that each bedroom has its own bathroom. The issues I've had (trash chute, noise issues, mailroom issues) have been being dealt with by the new management!

Better management and can see improvements in the infraestructure. The parking garage and the common areas are being fixed. Still have a long way to go starting with.m the internet.

Overall, I think the community is doing well. The noise travels too easily between apartments and from the pool, which is a downside. Not really sure how that can be fixed at this point though. Things going well: The trash problem and the coffee machine.