The apartments are very nice but the wifi is quite frustrating. The rooms are spacious, which is a plus. The gym is a little disappointing but also convenient.

Pav is doing much better now under new management. The coffee machine and trash situation are making this better to live here. One thing that could be managed better is parties in the court yards during certain hours.

Great apartments and furniture package. Some troubles with maintenance and building cleanliness at first, but it is obvious new management is working to improve this.

The internet is just subpar. Thats my only problem. I enjoy the apartment, I enjoy the facilities, I enjoy the pool and the employees. I just wish the internet wasn't so terrible.

the pavilion is a nice place to live. the trash situation needs a lot of work though and it is wildly overpriced for the charlottesville real estate market

It was nice experience living there. Community people is helpful. All amenities are very nice and apartments are luxuries. Location is very prime.

great location - close to business and law school and barracks shopping center bit overpriced for what you're getting, there shouldn't be a separate fee for parking

Expensive for an apartment in Charlottesville. The new management team is making some improvements (fixing the trash pile up situation, installing a coffee machine).

Issue with the cellular network, wifi and fire alarm test during finals period The rest is great. Super lobby room, gym etc. I do like to have my package pick up but have them tossed it front of my door is not super adequate, anyone can take it....

New management has definitely been an improvement for the Pavilion. Seems like the new management is really taking our recommendations seriously and trying to implement new measures to improve the Pav community.

Not too fond of the new package system, which is more-or-less a reversion to the system back in 2014-15 (versus having the packages delivered directly to us). The trash system is definitely improving, which I appreciate. I would love if we could have a legitimate recycling option rather than single stream, which really doesn't result in recycling. Absolutely adore the maintenance staff--always pleasant and responsive.

Reply from The Pavilion at North Grounds

They are a very good place to stay at. Comfortable apartments, well furnished, new and well maintained. They are very near to Law school and Darden.

3 1/2 stars currently, and hopeful to be able to rate higher in the near future. New management quickly fixed the trash problem, which I'm very thankful for. However, internet is still quite slow at times, despite promises to improve it. Also, it's at the point of the year where it's consistently warm outside, and yet the pool remains closed and without furniture. Overall, management responsive and helpful (esp. Laura Bales).

Trash maintenance has improved tremendously over the past few months. There is much more communication with residents about what is going on. There could still be improvements made to the workout area.

The location, pet friendly atmosphere, and amenities at the pavilion are good, but the maintenance was lacking (dirty hallways and severe trash problems). Under the new management this seems to be improving. Overall the location and convenience is worth the price, at least when you first arrive in Charlottesville.

It looks like Pavilion is making some great changes! The planned upgrades to the internet and the courtyard are great! Once they get the billing system fixed they'll be in good shape.

The new management is clearly making an effort to win over students who were disillusioned by the last management, which is very much appreciated. Areas that could use the most improvement include the maintenance request/response system, the trash system, and the internet outages.

Doing well. Transition has gone smoothly. The only issue remaining is the internet, which is still patchy. Great job on upgrading the game room.

A very convenient place to live. It is near Harris Teeter and other stores. In addition, there are many equipments in the apartment. But a little bit too noisy because of too many parties.

Love the apartment, the remodeling is a bit disruptive and I wish you would open the pool doors earlier in the day so we don't have to walk around the entire building to get out at 7am.

Getting much better. Still have some work to do with fixing the problems of the previous management team, but definitely moving in the right direction.

My only complaint is that I can hear the person above me walk around so loudly it often wakes me up. Otherwise, it has been a great experience here at Pavilion.

I enjoy the amenities, but sound issues are the biggest nuisance. Walls are thin and sound travels easily around the building, especially between rooms.

Generally, i really like living here. My only big issue is how thin the walls are and therefore how easy sound travels. Not much to be done about that, but it can be disruptive.

New management is trying to improve the property. Still work to do with the trash situation but things are looking up on the whole - looking forward to add'l changes.