Great apartments and furniture package. Some troubles with maintenance and building cleanliness at first, but it is obvious new management is working to improve this.

Expensive for an apartment in Charlottesville. The new management team is making some improvements (fixing the trash pile up situation, installing a coffee machine).

great location - close to business and law school and barracks shopping center bit overpriced for what you're getting, there shouldn't be a separate fee for parking

The apartments are very nice but the wifi is quite frustrating. The rooms are spacious, which is a plus. The gym is a little disappointing but also convenient.

The internet is just subpar. Thats my only problem. I enjoy the apartment, I enjoy the facilities, I enjoy the pool and the employees. I just wish the internet wasn't so terrible.

Pav is doing much better now under new management. The coffee machine and trash situation are making this better to live here. One thing that could be managed better is parties in the court yards during certain hours.

It was nice experience living there. Community people is helpful. All amenities are very nice and apartments are luxuries. Location is very prime.

the pavilion is a nice place to live. the trash situation needs a lot of work though and it is wildly overpriced for the charlottesville real estate market

The apartment and my room itself is very nice and spacious. Being over the pool is very loud but it is helpful that quiet hours after 10 have been enforced.

Trash maintenance has improved tremendously over the past few months. There is much more communication with residents about what is going on. There could still be improvements made to the workout area.

3 1/2 stars currently, and hopeful to be able to rate higher in the near future. New management quickly fixed the trash problem, which I'm very thankful for. However, internet is still quite slow at times, despite promises to improve it. Also, it's at the point of the year where it's consistently warm outside, and yet the pool remains closed and without furniture. Overall, management responsive and helpful (esp. Laura Bales).

The location, pet friendly atmosphere, and amenities at the pavilion are good, but the maintenance was lacking (dirty hallways and severe trash problems). Under the new management this seems to be improving. Overall the location and convenience is worth the price, at least when you first arrive in Charlottesville.

They are a very good place to stay at. Comfortable apartments, well furnished, new and well maintained. They are very near to Law school and Darden.

Love the apartment, the remodeling is a bit disruptive and I wish you would open the pool doors earlier in the day so we don't have to walk around the entire building to get out at 7am.

The new management is clearly making an effort to win over students who were disillusioned by the last management, which is very much appreciated. Areas that could use the most improvement include the maintenance request/response system, the trash system, and the internet outages.

The apartment is nice and certainly cleaner than my previous place in DC. It's nice to have so many people from my class in this building. Walking up the hill in the morning is what it is--the location here is pretty good. I'm not a coffee drinker but on days when I am, it's good to have it downstairs. I'm glad we can use this place as a venue for different socials. I haven't had any problems with my appliances. Still, when I think about what I'm paying relative to the rest of my classmates who live at Ivy or Jeffersonian, or at their own houses in Charlottesville, it still feels high. The internet is pretty unreliable. I'm undecided on renewing and not making those decisions at this moment, but when I do, I'll think about what I'm really getting for the extra $250-300 a month.

New management has definitely been an improvement for the Pavilion. Seems like the new management is really taking our recommendations seriously and trying to implement new measures to improve the Pav community.

It looks like Pavilion is making some great changes! The planned upgrades to the internet and the courtyard are great! Once they get the billing system fixed they'll be in good shape.

I would say I feel the hardware is good, but one thing that make me confused is that it is super inconvenient to print documents. It is weird to send the documents to the agent in order to print.

Issue with the cellular network, wifi and fire alarm test during finals period The rest is great. Super lobby room, gym etc. I do like to have my package pick up but have them tossed it front of my door is not super adequate, anyone can take it....

Great location- right behind Barracks Shopping Center, walking distance to main grounds and north grounds. Staff is great and personable. They make sure to know each resident. Exercise center could use some more/newer equipment.

Doing well. Transition has gone smoothly. The only issue remaining is the internet, which is still patchy. Great job on upgrading the game room.

Getting much better. Still have some work to do with fixing the problems of the previous management team, but definitely moving in the right direction.

Not too fond of the new package system, which is more-or-less a reversion to the system back in 2014-15 (versus having the packages delivered directly to us). The trash system is definitely improving, which I appreciate. I would love if we could have a legitimate recycling option rather than single stream, which really doesn't result in recycling. Absolutely adore the maintenance staff--always pleasant and responsive.

Reply from The Pavilion at North Grounds

Perfect location for law and business students and great amenities. Convenient to Barracks Road shopping center. Helpful staff and maintenance.