I had issues with my utilities that were never resolved. I emailed the lead manager twice and never received a follow up email. I lived at the Ranch for three years and was treated the worst in my last few months.

I wish I could write what my experience was truly like but unfortunately this website keeps telling me that it looks like spam so I will summarize: loud neighbors, lazy maintenance, management that lies to you, and people who don’t know how to drive all over the place. I’m counting down the days until my lease is over.

I have had too many issues with the maintenance department not filling our maintenance requests. It took us over a month to get our new dryer after the previous one broke. I also have had issues with the maintenance and staff walking into my apartment with our permission. Furthermore, we have had multiple issues with our neighbors that we brought up with management, and no one helped us out. The smells of the apartment next to our seep into our room, and the management said they "fixed" them--- but we still smell the same smells. One more thing, there are always large amounts of people on our amenities like the courts and the pool who do NOT live here and are not accompanied by the residents. This makes me very uncomfortable. I would not recommend this apartment to anyone.

Poor maintenance staff, poor staff in general. Very disorganized and will lie to your face about how "high quality" their services are. Needs much improvement.

Upon move in, we were told that we had to wait while the cleaning staff cleaned our apartment. However, the place was still so disgusting that I had to stay in a hotel room. After closer inspection of our apartment, there is mold that is falling from the ceiling, holes in the walls, old appliances that need to be replaced, stains in the carpets, etc. We have contacted the workers multiple times and no one seems to help.

I hated living here. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I was told there would be working gates by August 2017, and there is no progress on them in April of 2018. Stop manipulating your future residents, stop talking to them like they are not adults, and do things that you said you would do. This place is terrible and the staff makes it worse. Fix your apartments, fix your website, and clean your nasty pool.

Reply from The Ranch

Nothing ever gets fixed the way that it says it will. It also takes forever for someone to come and check the problem. The students that work as the office staff are helpful for the most part but they can only do some much. The main problem is so many people telling everyone a different answer each time they ask

Reply from The Ranch

Maintenance won't replace our dryer that doesn't work, we get utility overages when nobody is here and everything is turned off. Not worth your money. Parties every weekend so there is loud music, people yelling and you wake up to trash EVERYWHERE that rarely gets picked up. People aren't forced to clean up after their dogs so there's poop EVERYWHERE. It's disgusting.

The ranch apartments are fun and nice to live at but the maintenance here suck and there super slow . An other thing I don't get why do we pay a separate utility bill if that should be include with our rent ?

Apartment had old shoes left in it. They canceled my lease the day of move in due to booking errors they noticed last second. Only gave me room once lawyer was involved

I hate that they didn't tell me when I renewed that they would be tearing down and rebuilding the main office, gym, etc. I pay to use that gym in my rent and now I pay for a second gym because they have been renovating for 7 months now. Very upset.

The apartments interior is messy. The paint job is horrible and carpet was not well put and dirty. They don’t warn you they are doing maintenance, they just come and knock or open the door themselves. They also don’t warn you when you get a new roommate. I was always hesitant to open the door when someone knocked because I wasn’t expecting anyone. I was surprised when a random girl came into my apartment one day (new roommate). My toilet flushes randomly and my shower doesn’t work right. Furniture is very outdated. There is a lot of storage space and rent is cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. They also don’t listen to the things you write on your application. I asked for upperclassmen or graduate student roommates (I’m a grad student) and got roommates that aren’t even 21.

Reply from The Ranch

The people above us plays music way too loud with the bass turned way up where we can here every word in the middle of the night and no one in the office did a thing after we complained. The couches and falling apart, paint job is pretty bad, there are paint chips and holes in the ceiling of my shower. Our fan in the living room always wobbles a lot when turned on. They told us they would replace the kitchen floor and never did. My door has enough space when closed that you can still see into my room. The burners are all slanted. There are random metal rods sticking out of our pantry. Our drier doesn’t dry anything, it takes about 3 cycles. Our garbage disposal makes a sound like there is a screw even after it has been “fixed”

Reply from The Ranch

Prices are reasonable and I have enjoyed living at the ranch when it used to be under the previous management before (The Reserve on Frankford). Maintenance is very bad in my view as of now, I have had work orders that keeps getting closed without completion. I still have a mailbox key request work order and it's been over 3 months and I haven't received a key yet. :D

this place isn’t too bad, but management doesn’t help as much as they should. they only try to help once they realize that it’s too late and the resident has already had a bad experience by then

Not great, have lived in three different apartment buildings and something is always broken. My second apartment had cockroaches everywhere and my apartments would constantly flood

The ranch is a good place to live. It's not too far from campus and I am able to commute back and forth easily. My roommates are a little loud but I enjoy being there with them.

When I first moved in it wasnt managed properly but they have since got new management and things seem to be getting better and the new RLC building is nice

This place looks nothing like the model home that I was shown. The WiFi is almost down everyday and barely works. I had to move to 3 different units until I got tired of complaining. The bathroom walls are gross stains all over the walls in the living room, and jusd mold everywhere. Also I came to an apartment that I paid for the the ice maker want working nor was the washer or drying machine set up.

So far, not very impressed. I had to move in early due to a major specific event that required me to be at Tech just 2 days before my actual move in (25th was the actual move in) and despite management saying that i had submitted the proper documentation, my name was somehow not added to the early move in list. When we called again to clarify the situation, management was absolutely no help in resolving our issue, suggesting that we could move in, but that we would forfeit the apartment cleaning.

Received dusty rooms needing maintenance. My room was covered in dog hair and reeked of wet dog. I don't think it's good business to not double check these rooms before returning them to customers.

Community is nice for the price. I placed several maintence requests that were never tended to. When I moved in, my room was filthy, infested with bugs, and very outdated. I would not recommend.

Reply from The Ranch

I have enjoyed my time here at the ranch for the most part. It is a safe place to lay your head and also study for school. These apartments are set up a lot like a college dorm, you can request to live with someone, however, if you don’t have enough people to fill each room you will be matched with a random person. This creates difficulties within the apartment most of the time due to everyone having a claim to act anyway they want in their home. Sometimes you get put with people you out right don’t get along with but have to stay in the apartment that they (the office) gave you for the remainder of your lease. The form you fill out to help them place you with the ‘best people’ isn’t ever followed from my experience in living here. And if you are like me this is a consistent problem. I have a roommate now who doesn’t communicate when she has a problem but instead takes it to the office. This has created financial and personal issues within the apartment, making it so I don’t want to return to my apartment that I pay $450 for. That is something else, when I renewed my lease I received a $750 credit that would make my rent for the year $387. Meaning, that full rent without the credit should have been $414. This is how it was explained to me when I signed and asked my questions before moving into the new apartment. However, the full rent is $450 and the office didn’t follow the payment process that was advertised during the special deal. This has screwed me financially and has given me undo stress. The staff, while I’m sure is busy with other things, tend to make you feel like your problem really doesn’t matter to them and that they want you out of their face as soon as possible. The exception to this trend in behavior is Justin, the Marketing Manager here at the Ranch. He is genuine, kind, and even though he may be having a rough day he does his best to keep a pleasant smile on his face and is ready to help you with your problems. If everyone else on staff was more like Justin the relationship between staff and residents would be much better. Maintenance seems to take an extra-long time to get to any problems. However, this may be due to them being understaffed. However, the guys they do have are very sweet and explain what they need to do to fix the problem if you are there to ask. So long as you stay on top of every little thing with the office; payments and who your roommates are, then this is a great place! These are only my issues that I have had. Hopefully with this review these things can start to change for the better. If you are looking for an affordable, safe, semi-quiet place to live the ranch is the place for you!

Reply from The Ranch

You get what you pay for. I went an entire month with out a washer or an oven. I had to submit multiple maintenance orders and then speak with the front office and property manager a combined 5 times before the problem was resolved. The online site is down repeatedly, forcing me to use a money gram to pay my rent. Typically wouldn't be a problem but I don't have a bank here in Lubbock, so acquiring that much cash is difficult. Management needs to step up their class, and professionalism. Rent is cheap, however that is not an excuse for poor leadership and execution.

The apartments are okay. They still haven't painted the white splotches on my wall since I moved in (more than a year ago). The utilities are never honest, and have us pay an extra $30-40 dollars a month extra than what we should (per person). They say there's a cap and there really isn't. They bribe the residents with food for good reviews, but they can't even follow through with providing what they promise. Honestly you can find way better deals living elsewhere.