The Reserves at Arboretum Apartments

Spacious apartments for a reasonable price and well located to greater Newport News and the interstate. Many amenities such as a pool and gym as well
So far it’s been pretty good. Been here for a year now and we’ve had no issues with neighbors or staff. The only complaint I have is people don’t push the compact button at the trash compactor and sometimes it over flows for no reason. So when we take our trash and it’s like that I end up there for awhile pushing it all down because maintenance should not have to be doing that for us. Makes me feel bad when they do.
The facility is lovely . Danielle is fantastic but it's been a month since we've gotten here and our AC still doesn't work. We have had a Portable since day one which maintenance did a wonderful job making sure we had it rather quickly .. but it only does 350 sf so all the bedrooms have been saunas on hot days... It hasn't been a fun experience. The kids so looked forward to the pool especially with it being so hot inside but I'm guessing Covid put a kink in that too.
Office members are very helpful and nice. Although, my AC was supposed to be fixed 4 days ago and it's still not fixed. Not a great way to start out at a new apartment.
I have lived here for 4 years. Surrounding area is quiet and safe. Near all shopping needs. Near interstate a d hospitals. Complex is quiet and clean.
Nice place to live. People mind their own business. Pretty clean (not by the trash area though). Friendly, professional office staff. Nice club house
Everything would be perfect if everything was fixed when I moved in a week ago. I put multiple maintenance requests in an I know it’s covid but I shouldn’t have had to put so many in on the first week of my move in. For rent to be so high and expected to be paid it doesn’t match up. My fridge will not close and it’s warm inside I’m sure some stuff did go bad in there. We have two bathrooms but can only use 1. Multiple lights was blown out within the 2nd day. And the lovely wasps nest in the back. I do love the place it’s quiet except for when the grass gets cut every week we hear everything. Parking sucks I had to park behind the pool a few nights because it would be no parking. I really wish we had reserved parking spaces close to our apartment home. Anyway hopefully things will get fixed and be better. Thank you :-)
The apartment complex is very Clean, quiet, and welcoming. The staff has been helpful and respectful from the first day i called to see the unit.
We love our new home, it’s spacious, luxurious, and feels like a home of our own. Our experience with Danielle and the team has been great since day one of applying. Danielle is the best and helped us with any questions/concerns we had.
1 star
The compactor keeps breaking down, garbage piles up on the regular. Tenants walk around smoking with no regards to anyone. Dog poop is all over the place. The parking lot is pitch black after a certain hour at night, anything else you'd like to know?????