Love living at the Rice! The location is incredible, maintenance staff is speedy and the valet, concierge and office staff are always friendly :)

Reply from The Rice

I really feel like the management and other staff care about me as a person, and that go out of their way to make living here pleasant and comfortable. I feel safe and looked after.

Reply from The Rice

Although it's an older building, living at The Rice is great! This side of downtown is very historic and very convenient. I love being able just to walk downstairs and being close to everything.

Reply from The Rice

The Rice is a great place to live so far! Historic building, unique units, Central location, and quality finishes make it wonderful experience. What's not to love?

Reply from The Rice

Only negative I have is that the AC is really loud. Everything else is pretty nice. The gym is a bit small but has equipment I typically use so not a big deal. Overall good experience so far

Reply from The Rice

The Rice staff are friendly and helpful. As are the residents! When we moved in we immediately felt a strong sense of community within the building.

Reply from The Rice

The Rice is AMAZING! We only moved in a week ago, but everything has exceeded our expectations. The staff is so nice and accommodating, always!

Reply from The Rice

The Rice has great staff always, but sometimes the apartment has maintenance issues fairly often especially with the elevators. Community events are fun too!

Reply from The Rice

Living at The Rice has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and at home. The walkability is unlike any other area of Houston. I think it will be a long time before we leave!

Reply from The Rice

Live the property and concierge is so nice! My dogs enjoy how dog friendly the other residents are. The only con is the freight elevator seems to constantly be down.

Reply from The Rice

They all seem so personal and friendly. We are enjoying the close community feel. It isn't just a casual greetings they seem genuine and are interested in getting to know you

Reply from The Rice

I love it here! Everyone has been very nice and hospitable. You can’t beat the location and the second level terrace has become my favorite place to sit and have a coffee.

Reply from The Rice

Beautiful property, expertly maintained, next level hospitality. I’ve just become a resident in this community and I am beyond excited to be a part of the Rice.

Reply from The Rice

Don’t live there yet, but it is exciting how I am going to live in a place so close to the hustle and bustle of Houston Texas. I move in in a month.

Reply from The Rice

So far so good, leasing against was professional and courteous. Property was elegant and the architecture was magnificent. I look forward to living here

Reply from The Rice

Moving into The Rice was the best decision I have ever made. Everyone is so nice and accommodating. Really enjoying the area, it's so close to so many cool coffee shops, restaurants and bars. Love it here!

Reply from The Rice

Great building - friendly people and staff. Very convenient to downtown. Workout room is solid. Only downside is that parking is very tight and not really monitored.

Reply from The Rice

I have loved the rice so far! it has been an amazing location to live in. Move in was fairly easy and everything seems to be settled now. The only difficult thing that I have found is that the concierge and leasing office tend to be empty when I have needed to speak to people, and the phones are rarely answered. Other than that, everything has been great!

Reply from The Rice

All staff has been extremely friendly and very helpful. Everyone always opens doors for me, and it feels like a very safe environment. The residents themselves are nice people too!

Reply from The Rice

It’s been great! Staff has been helpful and the amenities are an A+ in my book. Everything is well kept and I love it. I would say the only con is not having the availability of having maintenance process work orders on weekends.

Reply from The Rice

I am so excited to call The a Rice my home. It’s a beautiful historical building with lots of character. The leasing staff is prompt and helpful. They have made the whole process so easy.

Reply from The Rice

The Rice is an amazing place to live. You’ve got to experience it to understand the feeling you get when you walk into that majestic lobby & realize, “I live here!”

Reply from The Rice

Move in day was awful. After being told several different stories about reserving the freight elevator (you have to, you don't have to, you can't because we only have one, you don't need to reserve it because it's always available), I finally got confirmation I was required to reserve it for move day. When I got there with my movers, the elevator was broken (not the first or last time). When it finally got fixed, everyone (including building staff) used it. After hours of extra time (and expense) I asked the Leasing office staff if it was actually reserved for me. "I don't know why they tell people it's reserved, it's not like we actually can do that (hahaha)." Wow. Not only an unprofessional response, but absolutely ridiculous. I've been harassed by a homeless woman and her dog tried to attack me and my dog when I was taking him for a walk. I have to walk my dog before 6am and I'm terrified to go outside. It's pitch black in front of the building at that hour, there are now homeless men sleeping in the doorways, and there is no staff to assist. I have no idea how to get back into the front door of the building because no one has provided that information. So I have to run around the block and come in through the side doors. My HVAC broke the day after we moved in and the hallways on the 14th floor are stifling. The temperature is no where near as cool as the other floors, especially in the morning when I go to the parking deck. My sink disposal makes a horrible noise. I pulled cigarette butts out of it (!!!) and it's still making a racket. I'm afraid to put in a maintenance request for fear of being blamed for it because I didn't turn it on until after I turned in my move checklist. BTW - no one has even responded or confirmed that the checklist was submitted. All in all, not a great experience so far

Reply from The Rice

The leasing staff and support team are top notch professionals who exceed elite status. Thank you for doing what you do because your make living in Houston better. The Rice Urban Lofts is the only place to call home in Houston, Texas.

Reply from The Rice

Love my apartment and community right in the middle of downtown Houston! Everyone who works at the rice is super friendly and so are the residents. We have wonderful amenities and everything you need in within walking distance.