I love the location, my studio apartment, views, and the staff. It was a very smooth process moving in and I love how clean and professional the building is operated.

Beyond expectations!! Love it here!! People are so welcoming, staff is wonderful!! Dogs are part of the family! Walk to work! I may never move!!

Reply from The Rice

Staff has been great! Moved in with ease. Look forward to living at The Rice and experiencing the city. The view is absolutely wonderful from my unit.

Reply from The Rice

What an amazing group! Timely responses, polite and professional individuals who go above and beyond to make you feel warm and welcomed! There’s a true admiration for the building and they take pride in passing that admiration on to the residents!

Reply from The Rice

I just moved here to Houston and living here has made it great. Walking to work and having all these great little restaurants and shops around has been awesome.

Reply from The Rice

I love The Rice! The apartments are perfectly located downtown and provide excellent amenities. The staff are extremely friendly and ready to assist however they can. I could not be happier with the choice that I made to make the move to The Rice!!

Reply from The Rice

I really like living in The Rice. My apartment is wonderful, and I have the best view from my window! I walk to my work which is really great and I can go to any bar after a difficult day at work. People who work at the rice are very friendly and nice! I’m sorry for my English, I’m still learning!

Reply from The Rice

Still in leasing process, but good experience with the leasing staff. The location is perfect...short walk to the office, and great restaurants nearby

Reply from The Rice

The historical appeal of the Rice is nice. And the downtown location is very good. But management needs to address 2 big issues: 1. elevator functionality - too many times it doesn't work and I have to walk up 14 flights of stairs. This is a health risk for someone who may have heart issues. 2. Pet maintenance/cleanliness - I don't have a pet and don't mind others having pets. But the smell and filth from pets on the carpets and in the elevators is overwhelming at times. You need full time maintenance to address this issue or stronger policy management and consequences for pet owners.

Reply from The Rice

We've just moved in but I feel so at home already. The staff in the leasing office are beyond friendly and helpful it affirms me that I made the best choice with making The Rice my home. The location is perfect, amenities are amazing and all of my friends are definitely jealous!

Reply from The Rice

I love the people and location. 1 big thing I feel like I'm missing to make my experience perfect: Better recycling system (the recycling area is confusing)....Several small improvements: Powerwashing the parking garage. Reorganizing the gym (a multihip extender would be a great machine to add). Redecorate the basement pool. A more minimalistic design but with a nice air purifier in the room would be ideal.

Reply from The Rice

Leasing staff have been very friendly and helpful. Application process was easy to do online. I look forward to moving in and appreciate how easy the process has been.

Reply from The Rice

Love this place - our unit is perfect, staff is wonderful and the location can't be beat! I have zero complaints, just love love love living here!

Reply from The Rice

Pretty good experience. The repairs are super fast and the concierge is very nice. The amenities are pretty great too. The elevators are the only thing that I could complain about.

Reply from The Rice

Pretty solid apartment. Good floors, paint, kitchen. Common areas and workout room are great. Downsides are very tight parking spaces, old windows that let in a lot of city, train and construction noise.

Reply from The Rice

This is awesome! Thank you so much. I truly am looking forward to moving into my new home. Everyone has been so nice and accommodating, and have made this transition in my life a great experience.

Reply from The Rice

There is no better place to live! The management and staff are the best around. They actually care about the residents and work hard to make our community a family!

Reply from The Rice

Friendly and efficient staff, always willing ti help. Staff is well-trained on matters of importance. The maintenance staff keep their word re requests.

Reply from The Rice

Everyone has always been super friendly to me and my pup ! I moved in not knowing anyone and now I feel I can count on the staff here to help me at anytime .

Reply from The Rice

I love the location, right off the light rail so I can commute to work and school without driving my car. I can also walk to grab a drink or a bite easily to many restaurants. I also love the shared space, like the terrace and the lobby, that forces us to engage with our fellow residents and staff.

Reply from The Rice

This building is not only historical, in the heart of downtown, but amazingly redone and authentic. I love my unfinished loft which is my style, especially for living in the city. Management is great and the office staff is friendly and helpful. They throw resident events every month which is great, I still have yet to go to one due to work, but it helps with the sense of community. Parking is sometimes hard but it’s free and convenient for being in the city. It is affordable for the location but a little pricey for me at the moment. I would resign my lease if I had the money.

Reply from The Rice

Great experience so far. Just signed lease. I wish I had known the difference between a classic and renovated apartment before moving in. Leasing office has been great

Reply from The Rice

Experience with leasing is great! I am looking living downtown and being able to walk to work. The restaurants and the community area are first class.

Reply from The Rice

Love the apartment community! Concierge staff is particularly friendly and helpful! Only thing that could be improved is it seems like there are constant issues with the elevators.

Reply from The Rice

We just recently moved in and love the location. It can be a bit noisy but the city is vibrant. Kelly assisted us with the move in and was helpful answering all my questions. We are excited to start our city living experience here!