All staff has been extremely friendly and very helpful. Everyone always opens doors for me, and it feels like a very safe environment. The residents themselves are nice people too!

Reply from The Rice

It’s been great! Staff has been helpful and the amenities are an A+ in my book. Everything is well kept and I love it. I would say the only con is not having the availability of having maintenance process work orders on weekends.

Reply from The Rice

I am so excited to call The a Rice my home. It’s a beautiful historical building with lots of character. The leasing staff is prompt and helpful. They have made the whole process so easy.

Reply from The Rice

The Rice is an amazing place to live. You’ve got to experience it to understand the feeling you get when you walk into that majestic lobby & realize, “I live here!”

Reply from The Rice

Move in day was awful. After being told several different stories about reserving the freight elevator (you have to, you don't have to, you can't because we only have one, you don't need to reserve it because it's always available), I finally got confirmation I was required to reserve it for move day. When I got there with my movers, the elevator was broken (not the first or last time). When it finally got fixed, everyone (including building staff) used it. After hours of extra time (and expense) I asked the Leasing office staff if it was actually reserved for me. "I don't know why they tell people it's reserved, it's not like we actually can do that (hahaha)." Wow. Not only an unprofessional response, but absolutely ridiculous. I've been harassed by a homeless woman and her dog tried to attack me and my dog when I was taking him for a walk. I have to walk my dog before 6am and I'm terrified to go outside. It's pitch black in front of the building at that hour, there are now homeless men sleeping in the doorways, and there is no staff to assist. I have no idea how to get back into the front door of the building because no one has provided that information. So I have to run around the block and come in through the side doors. My HVAC broke the day after we moved in and the hallways on the 14th floor are stifling. The temperature is no where near as cool as the other floors, especially in the morning when I go to the parking deck. My sink disposal makes a horrible noise. I pulled cigarette butts out of it (!!!) and it's still making a racket. I'm afraid to put in a maintenance request for fear of being blamed for it because I didn't turn it on until after I turned in my move checklist. BTW - no one has even responded or confirmed that the checklist was submitted. All in all, not a great experience so far

Reply from The Rice

The leasing staff and support team are top notch professionals who exceed elite status. Thank you for doing what you do because your make living in Houston better. The Rice Urban Lofts is the only place to call home in Houston, Texas.

Reply from The Rice

Love my apartment and community right in the middle of downtown Houston! Everyone who works at the rice is super friendly and so are the residents. We have wonderful amenities and everything you need in within walking distance.

Reply from The Rice

I love living in the Rice! The location is perfect, the staff is great (everyone from the concierge, valet, leasing office and maintenance!), my apartment is unique and there is an awesome sense of community.

Reply from The Rice

I renewed my lease recently . I haven’t had any problems living here . So far everyone has been helpful . The location is very convenient for me and I really enjoy walking to the dog park with my dog .

Reply from The Rice

Beautifully maintained building! Moving in was smooth and seamless. Residents are friendly and dog lovers. Beautiful common spaces. Love the secret door to the pub!

Reply from The Rice

Everything has been perfect and everyone has been amazing. This place feels like home already. The staff has gone above and beyond to make sure my move has gone smoothly.

Reply from The Rice

I love the location, my studio apartment, views, and the staff. It was a very smooth process moving in and I love how clean and professional the building is operated.

Reply from The Rice

Beyond expectations!! Love it here!! People are so welcoming, staff is wonderful!! Dogs are part of the family! Walk to work! I may never move!!

Reply from The Rice

Staff has been great! Moved in with ease. Look forward to living at The Rice and experiencing the city. The view is absolutely wonderful from my unit.

Reply from The Rice

What an amazing group! Timely responses, polite and professional individuals who go above and beyond to make you feel warm and welcomed! There’s a true admiration for the building and they take pride in passing that admiration on to the residents!

Reply from The Rice

I just moved here to Houston and living here has made it great. Walking to work and having all these great little restaurants and shops around has been awesome.

Reply from The Rice

I love The Rice! The apartments are perfectly located downtown and provide excellent amenities. The staff are extremely friendly and ready to assist however they can. I could not be happier with the choice that I made to make the move to The Rice!!

Reply from The Rice

I really like living in The Rice. My apartment is wonderful, and I have the best view from my window! I walk to my work which is really great and I can go to any bar after a difficult day at work. People who work at the rice are very friendly and nice! I’m sorry for my English, I’m still learning!

Reply from The Rice

Still in leasing process, but good experience with the leasing staff. The location is perfect...short walk to the office, and great restaurants nearby

Reply from The Rice

The historical appeal of the Rice is nice. And the downtown location is very good. But management needs to address 2 big issues: 1. elevator functionality - too many times it doesn't work and I have to walk up 14 flights of stairs. This is a health risk for someone who may have heart issues. 2. Pet maintenance/cleanliness - I don't have a pet and don't mind others having pets. But the smell and filth from pets on the carpets and in the elevators is overwhelming at times. You need full time maintenance to address this issue or stronger policy management and consequences for pet owners.

Reply from The Rice

We've just moved in but I feel so at home already. The staff in the leasing office are beyond friendly and helpful it affirms me that I made the best choice with making The Rice my home. The location is perfect, amenities are amazing and all of my friends are definitely jealous!

Reply from The Rice

I love the people and location. 1 big thing I feel like I'm missing to make my experience perfect: Better recycling system (the recycling area is confusing)....Several small improvements: Powerwashing the parking garage. Reorganizing the gym (a multihip extender would be a great machine to add). Redecorate the basement pool. A more minimalistic design but with a nice air purifier in the room would be ideal.

Reply from The Rice

Leasing staff have been very friendly and helpful. Application process was easy to do online. I look forward to moving in and appreciate how easy the process has been.

Reply from The Rice

Love this place - our unit is perfect, staff is wonderful and the location can't be beat! I have zero complaints, just love love love living here!

Reply from The Rice

Pretty good experience. The repairs are super fast and the concierge is very nice. The amenities are pretty great too. The elevators are the only thing that I could complain about.