The Station at Othello Park Apartments

Feel it’s a give give company not really concerned with what makes the tenants happy. Constant problems with comfort. The building is hot in the summer and takes a long time to get it fix. They run the fire place year round for show which makes it hotter, however the office is very cool and comfy for their comfort
Management continues to decrease in ability to assist and expects high fees and upcharges on lease renewals and month to month fees. Additionally, when they decided they would be adding a pet fee that was not part of the original lease agreement, they could have politely communicated a change in fee to our household. Instead, we questioned the fee in the office and the snotty, rude manager named David Bierer unprofessionally replied he had already spoken with his attorney on the matter. Well, David, if you went through the trouble to do all of that, you can be transparent with the people who are making your salary and job possible. This is one example of many where this property continues to worsen. I was in the office this week and I felt bad for the prospective residents waiting to tour the property. They expressed their disappointment in not being able to see it after they had confirmed their appointment at least 5 days in advance. The leasing office was unavailable to show the customers the unit they were hoping to lease, and offered instead a "model" unit to give them a feel. The leasing office pulled the same horrible game on us, and then after lease signing provided us with a unit that was a walk-in ashtray. The building doesn't even allow smoking, and yet the unit, every one of its cupboards, the paint & finishes, all smelled of cigarette smoke that took 6 months for us to not notice in our unit. Nothing was done, cleaning, painting, etc. to remediate the smoke. They gave us the same excuse that it wasn't ready for showing upon tour and yet, after much time from vacancy, the unit still had nothing done to ready it for showing. Unbelievable! The number of police being called into the building is increasing. This is not a safe apartment community. There is too much crime and violence happening within the "secure" premises of my home and the amount of drug deals taking place on the parkside doorstep/roadway is unsettling.
The brunch event they threw a while ago at the bang bang kitchen for the residents completely failed us and got us treated like garbage by the waitresses while waiting. Hope the future events are more organized and have a better understanding with the benders so when we show up, we don't get treated like trash. And I’ve been having a long term noise problems from the next door and upper floor unit. Constant loud music on a daily basis from next door, so loud that the wall vibrates so does my heart. And also clueless noises as if weights are being thrown to the hardwood floor and furnitures are being dragged all over the floor from the above unit at night , I’m talking about like MIDNIGHT keep happening like every other day for the past few months. I know writing here is not gonna fix it but I just wanted to throw it out there. Sometimes I almost feel like I got used to the noises for a bit but nobody should really put up with this kind of stress in their own place. Sometimes it drives me nuts and gets me a headache. It hasn’t been very impressive past few months, but mostly it’s on the ignorant tenants who don’t have basic manners to keep it down for god’s sake.
Since the apartment community has a no smoking policy, it would be great if the rules were actually enforced. The hallway regularly stinks of skunky weed and some units have cigarette smoke odors. Amenities like the roofdeck toilet have not been functioning for a long time. Active Community does not work at all - so there is no system for making reservations, connecting with residents, or putting in a request for guest authorization. Hallway remodels took forever and still feel unfinished with the quality and incomplete punchlist. Overall, units feel sterile, short-term (like an extended stay hotel), and not cozy no matter how it is decorated. This is a consensus with other residents- so overall, I'm not in love with my home or the building community. POOR DRAINAGE in shower/tub due to puddling and consistent odors of mold are unpleasant. I have to run my exhaust fan (at my electrical expense) 24/7 due to a bad installation and lack of adequate ventilation and air circulation. It gets the job done in terms of providing a place to sleep, shower, and store my belongings, but I had higher expectations for the advertised luxury living.
The management was good in the beginning in my opinion but now it’s almost aggravating to be here. The apartment hallways always smell like weed. Our upstairs neighbors who just moved in are super noisy and yet the manager can’t do anything much about it. I’ve been here for 3 years. This is why I’m not renewing after this lease.
Amenities are great. Lots of issues with elevators and fire alarms recently though that were very inconvenient. Also the building network not working so I can't do work orders or check if I have packages. They used to send an email when I got a package but that stopped when the network went down I think. They said we were getting lockers for packages to be available all the time but hasn't happened yet.
Started off fine a few years ago but there has been a dip in quality due to all the turn over. Roof top amenties and gym amenities are poorly maintained. Gym is always out of water and roof top gas never seems to work while the hot tub has mildew.
The laundry room and few things need be updated like laundry ATM card its be out of business 2.5 years - more security in garage as ze have more businesses in the garage I think just making sure the safety and everything locked
For the $, considering the current market in Seattle, you can't find much else of this caliber. Location is easy, but noisy. The neighborhood is going through a lot of development, and will only go through more. Hopefully rents remain reasonable as the empty lots and old buildings are replaced with new structures.
I like the facilities however it could be cleaner my apartment is bybthe trash room and it smells really bad! Staff are really friendly and nice