I can not wait to leave Nacogdoches because clearly The Verge does not care about it’s residents! Who paints an apartment WHILE I’m living there?! I was forced to stay in my room all day inhaling paint fumes because I was unaware that they were coming to paint last Friday, and I ended up having a huge headache by the end of the day. Then they waited til days later to send a cleaning crew?! So I’m just supposed to live with plastic covering over my furniture and paint residue everywhere? THEEEN after being promised by management that my apartment would be ventilated and locked when the crew leaves, the painting crew left my front door open... Management told me they left it open for “ventilation”.... There are 3 huge windows in the living room they could’ve opened instead of leaving my apartment unsecure!! And so today I guess they didn’t like my attitude so they tried to back charge me for my $30/mo pet payment! How is it my fault that YOU didn’t charge me for a whole year for my dog?! The manager tried to say that I never paid my pet deposit and I never informed them that I had a pet... but how y’all get all my pets info then?!🙄 Oh and the manager tired to get smart with me saying that they sent out an email....They gave a 20 day range of dates and a huge time frame and gives minimal details on what that type of maintenance will be taking place.. It would’ve been nice if the told us “buildings 10 & 11 will be painted on this day” or something like that! I just want better communication and customer service! This is where I LIVE and I shouldn’t have to feel this uncomfortable in my home!

There have been non-stop maintenance issues since move in & water damage under the sink has been there since before move in. It seems like there is no sense of urgency in handling the issues that residents have.

Why not the world, did I show up to a messy room that obviously was not cleaned before arrival, and used condom wrappers, this has been terrible start to living here, I would be embarrassed if I had any part of this cleaning process, I would fire all my cleaning crew if I had the power

The customer service is really bad. Maintenance takes forever to fix anything and we have to constantly call to remind them about things to fix.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

My microwave was broken for months and I was givin no kind of apology or any kind of deal for the problem. The maintenance people and managers are always walking in when I'm not there and never call when they are going to.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

I was highly dissatisfied with management and the condition of my apartment when I first arrived it was filthy and did not meet my standards at all

I haven’t had the best experience. Fire alarm has gone off twice around 2am, 3am while everyone is sleeping. I’m assuming because of the heater or AC, honestly have no idea. It makes me very uncomfortable that the front gate is open for anyone to enter. Prior to moving in, I found empty Budweiser bottles stocked away in a cabinet, along with a banana peel. In my bedroom there are foot stains possibly oil stains from a previous resident. I had a difficult time with the manager and he agreed to come at a specific time to fix my issues. He never showed up.

They play favorites and if you're not one of their favorites then nothing gets done. Also, the parking sucks. The only good thing about it was the space.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

My air conditioning unit has malfunctioned 5 times and no one here seems to care. The incentives for signing a lease is pretty cool though.This is why I believe the verge nacogdoches deserves a .5 rating.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

The renovations being done to all the units right now is very inconvenient. When my roommate and I tried to move in early two years ago they didn’t let us because they “use those two weeks for all renovations” and then we showed up to 3 problems in our apartment. Now two years later when we are 2 months away from moving out they decide to walk in and out of our apartment without knocking and renovate the whole thing when it won’t even benefit us. They should renovate it during those two weeks when no one is allowed to move in. Horrible apartment complex.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

It’s okay, not great. Really loud, and poorly lit outside. We’ve had a problem with the fridge since we moved in and it only just now got addressed. Wouldn’t recommend

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Horrible parking issue. Too many visitors sneak in and take spots close to my building, which is a problem at night after work because of the robberies. I feel I can't go out at night anymore because it isn't safe, but there's never any parking spots open near my building. Horrible staff attitudes, never wanting to actually help. Always get overcharged every month. Appliances always break, staff does lazy fixes, they keep breaking. Need new appliances that last.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Maintenance is slow and still have several problems with dryer and towel hanger was never installed properly, tile is peeling back, and our brand new couch we had to request because when we moved in it was filled with dog hair and our NEW one has pointy metal frame pieces sticking out and ripping our pants and cutting us when we first got it.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Worst apartment experience ever until Tori became the GM. Before, there was so many incidents, miscommunication and misinformation. I'm ready for my lease to be over.

The A/C still isnt working, they keep bringing maintenance around to fix it but nothing gets fixed. I also have a dog and nights are miserable for us. I wish I could rate this 5 stars, but so far, I haven't had a good experience.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Bad communication. Sketchy. The new management is a little better so far. I like that the gates are closing, I've been here two years and they haven't closed once even though they've told us multiple times they would be.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

disorganized, not very prompt with maintenance/help. Staff can be helpful at times. Small gym and pool is constantly discolored and filled with dirt. Dog poop is everywhere in the grass areas and collects bugs

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

yall are not doing a very good job at all, it takes forever to get a work order taken care of and also our third bedroom which no one lives in is absolutely trashed, I have a friend that would like to sign and move it but not with that room looking like that.

This could be a very nice place to live but the management, employees, and residents don’t care about the condition it is in or keeping things maintained.my room was filthy upon move in, I spoke to management and they did nothing about it. Almost every month they would send a delinquency notice to my roommate even though he paid on time. He would have to call them and show his receipt. Finally, there is dog poop all over the grass and edges of the sidewalk.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Staff is okay. But its really sad how people who don't even live here are being allowed to overrun and trash our pool. I live in fear of being fined for other people's bad decisions...

Maintenance could do so much better! I feel like our community could be nicer if we had more security. There has been break ins. And it hard to pay rent when You can't even get things fixed

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

the apartments are really nice, the only problem that i have is the loud noise. every time i’m asleep the people above me are really loud which bothers me

Love the community but my work orders aren't being done. I have the best roommates and love the staff. Just wish that my air conditioner would work.

So far my experience at the verge hasn't been the best, I've been walked in on by staff a few times in my apartment w/out notice and have yet to be contacted about the issue I was having. My fridge stopped working and no one came to fix it until about 4 days later so all my food went bad literally $80 worth of food down the drain. I haven't been living here two weeks yet so hopefully the other months are better.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

I do not like the verge. FIrst off, I am in an old model with bad paint, messed up floors and the fake tile coming up. The trash area is ridiculous and nasty. When I signed up, they said it would be easy to get out of your lease. Light bill is always high which I do not understand. I just hate it.