Still haven’t received an apology nor compensation for the huge inconvenience I went through . Management needs more training on customer service

Could have been a whole lot better. I dealt with a lot of horrible management when I first moved in. I experienced a ton of building failures that led to no AC, a flooded apartment where I had to move out of my room (this happened twice), I didn't have a shower for a week due to a problem Tremont created, and more. My experience was extremely less than ideal and I couldn't wait to move out. Management that came in right before I moved out seemed to se okay but started changing rules about rent payment and guest parking without alerting their residents. Extremely unprofessional. Not worth the money.

I have not had the best experience here. From a flood, to unexpected walk in and showers torn out, and even cockroaches, it had been awful. The staff has terrible communication skills and are rude when you go and talk to them. I would recommend living anywhere but here.

This place is terrible in every way shape and form! I’ve had floods, cockroaches, ripped out bathrooms for no reason, the list could go on! Not to mention the post utilities 3 weeks later then they’re supposed to and want them 3 days later. This place is awful and lack so many basic communication skills.

I had horrible experiences here. The new management seems to be a little better, but other than that, this place is not very promising and definitely not worth the money.

Bad management!!! Horrible quality apartment!! My cable was painted over so now the cable skips in and out and cannot be fixed! Matched me with a roommate who was tried for 2 felonies and somehow passed the "background" tests

I would give it 0 stars if i could. I have had nothing but a bad experience here. Staffing is always getting bills “wrong” and end up getting charged more 95% of the time which is ridiculous. Was moved 3 different times in the same year due to mistakes your staff made.

My experience at Tremont Student Living has been very low beyond my expectation. I had expected better services and support from the management but everything is contrary to my expectation.

Resident staff does not know answers to any questions, instead they will make something up just to get you to leave. The apartment had not been cleaned st all when we moved in

Bad move in experience, issues were handled but in an untimely manner. Apartment is still not cleanly and a lot of time was waisted addressing issues.

Construction cleanliness a concern. Along with grounds upkeep - other residents leaving garbage near stairs for more than a week and birds inhabitant stairwells.

Seems like there's a new manager every week. Had an issue with every appliance except washer/dryer. Mold everywhere in the bathroom and probably vents/walls/floors. Apartment is all painted white, yuck. Walls and doors and light fixtures are nice. The response to emails is pathetic. The nice thing is they actually refund you your rent to make up for their shortcomings which is standard practice but still worth appreciating. I wouldn't recommend anyone live here. I gave it one star instead of half because the service is pleasant. Pleasant but poor in quality.

The hottub has been broken for almost 8 months. I was informed that the staff understand the issue but is being too cheap to fix it. Very disappointed in the service.

Decent space and amenities for price, however management is incompetent and do not help to resolve issues. There needs to be many updates to units with active residents, instead of only fixing units that are unoccupied.

Office staff is rude and I had issues with the painters that were hired. Filled out survey and don’t know where to put in code to get my points.

It's ok. May not always hold up to promises honored by previous management. May deviate to much annoyance. Little respect for rights of tenants and doesn't protect them from abuses by other tenants

This place is okay. The office staff doesn't return your calls and a lot of things break in the apartments. The rates are very high for the lack of quality objects inside the apartments.

They are disorganized and have locked me out of my apartment multiple times. When I had no proir knowledge that they were going to enter. Also lost my package

The quality of the apartments could be improved significantly. Also, it took forever for the pool to open this summer. In addition, maintenance could have a quicker response time.

Kinda dirty when moved, had to wait a lot for them to come check if there was a problem here but now the management is getting better and come soon if there is a problem.

A mouse got into our room and maintenance has yet to address the issue.. We called several times but an exterminator hasn't showed up yet..

Its alright, knew what I was signing up for when I agreed to live this far away from campus. It is nice to have your own room; however, its far away and it seems like a process to hang out with friends that live downtown

I feel like communication is terrible. It's hard to get in touch with anyone and have them respond in a timely manner or reach out to give information.

There are not enough activities to bring the community together. I do not have the chance to get to know my neighbors. It would be great if more activities bringing the community together could be planned in the future. Also, notify us of the activities earlier.

I really like the location and how close the apartment is to campus, without feeling like your directly on campus. The amenities need improvement.