Great location and looks nice from the outside; however, that's where the good aspects end. Rent is barely cheaper than surrounding complexes, but the quality is way lower. Hall's are always dirty, exterior doors seem to break frequently, dog waste stations are frequently unstocked, there is always dog poop everywhere, appliances are garbage, maintenance rarely actually fixes reported problems, it's always quite a hassel to get packages that were delivered to the office. The list goes on and on. I'd go into detail, but this is the millionth survey a management company has asked me to give and nothing has changed the other times.

I honestly don’t know why I keep getting asked to write reviews as my opinion has not changed, but thanks for the points. Be sure to check the yelp reviews, as the ones that are posted on Community Rewards and their website are absolutely biased. The fact that it won’t let me post the link here, says something for sure. Uptown Square is an overpriced dorm, that everyone in Uptown makes fun of. The multimillion-dollar renovations were to the common areas, and ONE building full of industrial loft studios. Rent continues to go up in the other buildings, and fees are added even though we continue to have outdated units. It is criminal that they can charge the same as brand new buildings with concierge, amenities and people who actually care about their tenants. All the appliances are crap, and we have a “new” lighting fixture that has bulbs that blow out literally every two weeks. We are constantly calling maintenance to fix things that need to just be upgraded. Instead of replacing appliances with anything new they just bring them in from another unit. The staff continues to be some of the most vapid, inauthentic, incompetent people I have ever met, and we will do anything to avoid having to interact with them. The fact that they rebranded as Highmark to “match their high level of customer service,” is absolutely laughable. If you are a college student who wants to party all the time and doesn’t care about being respected or treated like you pay luxury housing prices, this is the place for you. If you are over the age of 25 and actually want to feel comfortable in your own home, look anywhere but here.

Milestone is the third management company we have had in less than 4 years, and while some things have slightly improved, Uptown Square is still the overpriced frat pad it has been since we moved in. I suggest you read their Yelp page for honest reviews. Since milestone took over, there have been “million dollar upgrades,” to the leasing office and common areas, the areas potential tenants see on the tour. Once you sign the lease, the “luxury” stops. Our unit has severely outdated appliances, carpet that keeps pulling up, and light bulbs that literally go out every one to two weeks. The plus side is that maintenance consists of some of the most effective people in the complex, and things get resolved quickly (now that they got rid of the guy who said our dishwasher “was not supposed to wash dishes.”) The hallways and walkways are full of garbage, empty liquor bottles, and god knows what else. Last summer there was vomit on the wall by the entrance gate, and my poor family that was visiting had to see it for a week before it was haphazardly cleaned up. The population that lives here is entitled and has zero respect for the property, or others who live there. The pool is reminiscent of spring break in the summer, and there is no monitoring or security. One summer we had pool passes, and a security guard who would make sure the people there were residents. Now the gate gets propped open, and it’s a free for all. Especially for the one tenant who has a beer bong extended from his second story balcony to the pool itself. Grow up kids. The staff is mostly helpful, but in terms of knowledge I will only speak to a couple of people if I want actual answers. The office is run by young women who mostly online shop and avoid answering calls and emails. The community events are a nice idea, but there is no way to give input about what we would like to see, or how we liked each event. Mostly the staff sits and gossips with each other and ignores the residents. Truthfully, we stay here because we scored a good rent when we transferred units, and we are on the first floor, which is a must for safety. I’m sure with all the “upgrades” the price will creep, and we are constantly looking at other properties in the area. Uptown has a long way to go to keep up with the competition, although their price beg to differ.

The neighbors are loud and the hallways are always dirty. There is a lot of vandalism and people do not clean up after their pets. The elevator and hallways constantly have animal messes that are just left for someone else to deal with.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

I love my unit in general but the dishwasher is so old it sprays water all iver the sink when used and the dog poop situation is out of control

Love the apartment in general (layout, view, closet space, can't hear neighbors)... the neighborhood is also great. However, I've been treated so rudely by a certain staff member that I got a PO Box just to avoid going to the office. Most of the staff is wonderful, but as they say it only takes 1 rotten apple to spoil the bunch. The fire alarms go off so much I could scream. My entire apartment shakes from what I'm assuming is the HVAC in my apt and the person below me. Everything has a buzz when mine or theirs is on and at night my bed vibrates and it keeps me awake. I could go on, but why... I'm paying A LOT for all the annoying things. I don't plan to renew my lease.

The common outdoor area smells, common hall areas are usually trashed by inconsiderate residents. They mentioned they will be updating the complex, but as it is right now, looks a bit rundown. My actual apt has had many issues and should not have been rented out.

Things are mildly neglected around here. I've noticed unfinished wiring around the building that's been like that since I moved in. Trash building up in the parking garage and courtyards. I recently went to the gym and it was very gross. No wipes, very obvious that the machines are never cleaned and dust everywhere. The office people are very friendly and maintenance is prompt. The price is reasonable for the area. But I'd definitely pay more to see better upkeep.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Pros: apartment is spacious, maintenance responds timely. Cons: security concerns (storage units getting broken in to, doors left open) , low-quality workout facility

I typed nearly 2000 words of a review then was told it looked like spam and would not accept my feedback therefore I sent via question through this app. Highlights include: Great location Fast maintenance with poor execution Cheap and poor thought out renovations that will likely cause a rent hike Lots of drunk 20-somethings who like to shout at all hours of the day and night Poor security

My space is great but the community has poor upkeep. Broken doors, fire alarms, dog waste bags, overall upkeep are all a constant issue. The pool is very small and is not regulated so when 2 people bring 20 friends you can’t use the space.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Just trying to say something that isnt spam. why wont this take my review of this ok apartment complex with light and a pool and a garden with a bbq

Overall has been a positive experience except for the dreaded fire alarms which I am sure many complain about. As someone who works from home, the loud noise ruins my meetings 2 times per month.

Construction is a major inconvenience, fewer amenities for the same rent. We have obnoxious neighbors upstairs and the office has been completely useless and no help after many conversations with them and security. The office and has terrible hours that they finally extended past 5 pm...to 6 pm. If you have a real job this makes it almost impossible to make it in time for any communication or package pick up while they construct lockers. This is a huge hassle and inconvenience to have to get to work late or have to leave work early to retrieve your packages. On top of that, there is zero notification when something has arrived, meaning if a tracking number is not provided you will have to guess when your stuff arrives. Half the north side parking on 19th has been lost to a bus stop and residents were not alerted and with poor signage many received tickets. All in all this place is ok if you can get a good price, but you cannot expect much from the office staff and I'm sure once they finally finish the renovations the price will rise and not be worth it. No fancy BBQ pit can make up for terrible 1920's soundproofing and a completely incapable office staff.

Great location. The renovations are pretty sweet. The fire alarms are kind of taken care of so that’s nice. I’ve enjoyed my stay and will be renewing my lease.

Overall, it's a great neighborhood to be in! The staff has always been helpful. As most reviews will mention, the fire alarms are a huge issue and extremely annoying (especially for someone who works from home or just wants to sleep).

New ownership has been cutting corners hard to save money and this place was no pearl before. The new office hours and lack of mailing system is a huge inconvenience and entire staff seems like they are always confused and do not know what is going on. Having a heater that is connected to the water is so archaic and terrible when the pilot light goes out and just simply does not work well. Amenities are meh and they lack a few they boast on the website. Also for how big the community is, I think like 6 buildings the amenities are far too small to accomidate the population living at Uptown. You get what you pay for as I have a large place, for a good price but everything in the apartment is ancient and works sometimes. They are calling this review spam because it isn't positive but everything is 100% accurate

Amenities and community spaces are beautifuland very well-kept. Leasing process was a nightmare, very disorganized. Laundry services are a complete scam, costs $3.00 to wash and "dry" a load (dryers barely work).

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

You get what you pay for, so cheapest in the area, but no luxury complex like the bs marketing. Don't really understand the point of these? Fishing for good reviews....

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

The community is centrally located, good restaurants and bars within distance. This place has the best gym and pool area in uptown/Caphill. Overall good place to live.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Hello - if you had asked me 3 months ago to write a review, this would have been 5 stars. I’m actually quite mad at management now for various reasons. I have been living at uptown square for 3 years, going on 4. I have a good record of paying my rent on time (maybe have been late 2-3 times by accident, but out of 36 months, I think that’s pretty good, and mistakes happen). I was recently late as a result of confusion. The rent charged was about 2/3 the price of what I usually pay, which made me question it and not pay it. My intention was to call the leasing office for clarification, but I got super busy and forgot. Two days late, I finally called the office & they explained the reason the rent was low (it was prorated and I was moving to a different unit before the end of the month). Because it was two days late, they told me I had to pay in certified funds. So, I go to my bank and pay $10 for a cashiers check. I work in boulder from 8-5, which means I typically can’t get back to Denver until 6:30 at the earliest. Nonetheless, I left early and took the toll road ($8) to try to make it on time. As the 6:00 closing time came near, I realized I wasn’t going to make it due to traffic. I called the office and the woman who answered said that no one would be there passed 6, and there wasn’t a drop box for me to place the check. The only other option was to try again tomorrow, and still be charged another $10 late fee. SO, I go to the bank, get another cashiers check ($10), get off work and take the toll road ($8), but was late again. This went on for a few more days as I continued to rack up late fees, pay the toll road, and buy new cashiers checks. I got a nasty email from the management that was sent to me AND my roommate, saying they’d take me to court if I can’t get it in. I finally called and spoke with the manager, who said she’d be happy to wait past 6:00 for me, or that I could slide the payment under the door. Are you kidding me!? I would have loved to know that the FIRST day I was late, but the first woman said neither of those was an option. I feel like they should refund me the money I had to spend the days after the first time I was late. Nobody helped me and they kept charging me. I’m so mad and frustrated. I work as a financial planner in Boulder and have obligations and appointments with clients all day - so taking time off and adjusting my schedule is not easy. The office hours are intensely inconvenient for me, and the management staff was too incompetent or just didn’t care to help me out. Poor customer service/EQ all around.

Enjoying new courtyards. Gym door need to be fixed so it works from the inner courtyard. Garage door also seems to be open all the time. New parcel room is great

Traditionally, I have felt very positive about living at Uptown Square; however, there have been a number of theft related issues which is resulting in me beginning to feel unsafe. A few examples: 1. The storage unit next to our was busted open and broken into. I feel it was only by luck or chance that my husband was literally in our storage unit when this happened, thus when the perpetrators opened our storage unit door they were frightened off by my husband. If he wouldn't have been there our things might have been stolen. 2. Some of our laundry was stolen from the dryer while we were drying our clothes. It appeared only cold-weather clothes were taken, indicated it may have been a person needing clothes to stay warm. But this is obviously still an issue. We reported these incidents to the front office. The staff kindly listen to the issue. But at the end of the day, it appears that the complex is growing more and more unsafe. For this reason, my comfort and rating of the complex has declined. Thank you for taking the time.

Great location. Can’t be beat. Walkable to downtown and transit, but far enough away to have it’s own little neighborhood feel. Supermarket close by, restaurants, a few bars, and a couple fitness gyms make this a great neighborhood.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Great location and reasonable price. However I don’t think the management company does a good job of keeping the hallways and entry ways clean. People also don’t use the trash shoot and choose the pile their trash up in next to the trash can in the garage. I wish they would just get rid of those trash cans which would push people to use the shoots.