Great location and looks nice from the outside; however, that's where the good aspects end. Rent is barely cheaper than surrounding complexes, but the quality is way lower. Hall's are always dirty, exterior doors seem to break frequently, dog waste stations are frequently unstocked, there is always dog poop everywhere, appliances are garbage, maintenance rarely actually fixes reported problems, it's always quite a hassel to get packages that were delivered to the office. The list goes on and on. I'd go into detail, but this is the millionth survey a management company has asked me to give and nothing has changed the other times.

Pros: apartment is spacious, maintenance responds timely. Cons: security concerns (storage units getting broken in to, doors left open) , low-quality workout facility

I typed nearly 2000 words of a review then was told it looked like spam and would not accept my feedback therefore I sent via question through this app. Highlights include: Great location Fast maintenance with poor execution Cheap and poor thought out renovations that will likely cause a rent hike Lots of drunk 20-somethings who like to shout at all hours of the day and night Poor security

The common outdoor area smells, common hall areas are usually trashed by inconsiderate residents. They mentioned they will be updating the complex, but as it is right now, looks a bit rundown. My actual apt has had many issues and should not have been rented out.

I love my unit in general but the dishwasher is so old it sprays water all iver the sink when used and the dog poop situation is out of control

Just trying to say something that isnt spam. why wont this take my review of this ok apartment complex with light and a pool and a garden with a bbq

Love the apartment in general (layout, view, closet space, can't hear neighbors)... the neighborhood is also great. However, I've been treated so rudely by a certain staff member that I got a PO Box just to avoid going to the office. Most of the staff is wonderful, but as they say it only takes 1 rotten apple to spoil the bunch. The fire alarms go off so much I could scream. My entire apartment shakes from what I'm assuming is the HVAC in my apt and the person below me. Everything has a buzz when mine or theirs is on and at night my bed vibrates and it keeps me awake. I could go on, but why... I'm paying A LOT for all the annoying things. I don't plan to renew my lease.

The neighbors are loud and the hallways are always dirty. There is a lot of vandalism and people do not clean up after their pets. The elevator and hallways constantly have animal messes that are just left for someone else to deal with.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

My space is great but the community has poor upkeep. Broken doors, fire alarms, dog waste bags, overall upkeep are all a constant issue. The pool is very small and is not regulated so when 2 people bring 20 friends you can’t use the space.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Milestone is the third management company we have had in less than 4 years, and while some things have slightly improved, Uptown Square is still the overpriced frat pad it has been since we moved in. I suggest you read their Yelp page for honest reviews. Since milestone took over, there have been “million dollar upgrades,” to the leasing office and common areas, the areas potential tenants see on the tour. Once you sign the lease, the “luxury” stops. Our unit has severely outdated appliances, carpet that keeps pulling up, and light bulbs that literally go out every one to two weeks. The plus side is that maintenance consists of some of the most effective people in the complex, and things get resolved quickly (now that they got rid of the guy who said our dishwasher “was not supposed to wash dishes.”) The hallways and walkways are full of garbage, empty liquor bottles, and god knows what else. Last summer there was vomit on the wall by the entrance gate, and my poor family that was visiting had to see it for a week before it was haphazardly cleaned up. The population that lives here is entitled and has zero respect for the property, or others who live there. The pool is reminiscent of spring break in the summer, and there is no monitoring or security. One summer we had pool passes, and a security guard who would make sure the people there were residents. Now the gate gets propped open, and it’s a free for all. Especially for the one tenant who has a beer bong extended from his second story balcony to the pool itself. Grow up kids. The staff is mostly helpful, but in terms of knowledge I will only speak to a couple of people if I want actual answers. The office is run by young women who mostly online shop and avoid answering calls and emails. The community events are a nice idea, but there is no way to give input about what we would like to see, or how we liked each event. Mostly the staff sits and gossips with each other and ignores the residents. Truthfully, we stay here because we scored a good rent when we transferred units, and we are on the first floor, which is a must for safety. I’m sure with all the “upgrades” the price will creep, and we are constantly looking at other properties in the area. Uptown has a long way to go to keep up with the competition, although their price beg to differ.

Things are mildly neglected around here. I've noticed unfinished wiring around the building that's been like that since I moved in. Trash building up in the parking garage and courtyards. I recently went to the gym and it was very gross. No wipes, very obvious that the machines are never cleaned and dust everywhere. The office people are very friendly and maintenance is prompt. The price is reasonable for the area. But I'd definitely pay more to see better upkeep.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

New ownership has been cutting corners hard to save money and this place was no pearl before. The new office hours and lack of mailing system is a huge inconvenience and entire staff seems like they are always confused and do not know what is going on. Having a heater that is connected to the water is so archaic and terrible when the pilot light goes out and just simply does not work well. Amenities are meh and they lack a few they boast on the website. Also for how big the community is, I think like 6 buildings the amenities are far too small to accomidate the population living at Uptown. You get what you pay for as I have a large place, for a good price but everything in the apartment is ancient and works sometimes. They are calling this review spam because it isn't positive but everything is 100% accurate

Great location. The renovations are pretty sweet. The fire alarms are kind of taken care of so that’s nice. I’ve enjoyed my stay and will be renewing my lease.

Construction is a major inconvenience, fewer amenities for the same rent. We have obnoxious neighbors upstairs and the office has been completely useless and no help after many conversations with them and security. The office and has terrible hours that they finally extended past 5 pm...to 6 pm. If you have a real job this makes it almost impossible to make it in time for any communication or package pick up while they construct lockers. This is a huge hassle and inconvenience to have to get to work late or have to leave work early to retrieve your packages. On top of that, there is zero notification when something has arrived, meaning if a tracking number is not provided you will have to guess when your stuff arrives. Half the north side parking on 19th has been lost to a bus stop and residents were not alerted and with poor signage many received tickets. All in all this place is ok if you can get a good price, but you cannot expect much from the office staff and I'm sure once they finally finish the renovations the price will rise and not be worth it. No fancy BBQ pit can make up for terrible 1920's soundproofing and a completely incapable office staff.

Overall has been a positive experience except for the dreaded fire alarms which I am sure many complain about. As someone who works from home, the loud noise ruins my meetings 2 times per month.

We've lived here for almost 3 years. The renovations taking place have made things seem nice. I love that there are several courtyards, a pool, a gym and the restaurants nearby are great! Rent is reasonable especially for the area!

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Just really old, all updates are cosmetic and for the purpose of increasing rent nothing else. This will never see the light of day because they filter out bad reviews like all big corporations

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Would be nice if the washing machines (community laundry rooms) actually work, as well as the call boxes. For the most part it’s a nice complex to live in. I never use the pet runs bc they smell so horrid.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Great updated amenities. Safety features of building are concerning with doors not locking and fire alarms are monthly occurrences. Overall I’ve enjoyed it.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Overall it has been a good experience. I have been here for two years and love the location. My only complaint (I am sure I am not alone) are the constant fire alarms going off due to the older buildings.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Good location, access to transportation, decent amenities I have recommended the location to co-workers new to the area. Office staff is efficient and receptive.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

Getting started there were a few bumps in the road. However, Jalaya was helpful with smoothing things over and completing my move in with a bang! I am happy with my unit and look forward to my experience here as a resident. :)

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

We have lived here for just over 3 years and have seen quite a few management companies come through. The newest one is by far the best. I love all the renovations.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

I really love living here. It is tough that the downstairs neighbors suck. They always complain when we hear the same thing above us. It is not that we are loud it is the floors are thin as shit.

Reply from Uptown Square Apartment Homes

I was locked into a lease for $200 a month less than what I ended up paying. They said that I did not sign my lease and someone else got it online even though I confirmed my lease over the phone multiple times with a leasing agent there. That will be $2,400 out of my pocket for a mistake on Uptown Square's end.