Vangard Lofts

4.3

4.3

Great service from the management office. I was helped through every step and warmly welcomed. The building is beautiful and clean and I am very impressed.
My experience so far is was very kind and welcoming. I knew I would enjoy living here as soon as I toured the place. Everyone in the building has been nice in my short time here.
It is great until the club opens and the AirBNB gets going like last night. The music goes until 4AM even after the call to security. But it is a nice place to live otherwise
I love my apartment. The exposed brick and wood (vinyl plank) looks amazing. My apartment is a one bedroom and is super spacious. It is extremely close to my school, I am literally 1450 steps away from my school building. The view of Washington Ave. is beautiful. I couldn't be happier.
Gunshots outside every other night. Doing laundry is a nightmare. Nobody in the building wears masks during the pandemic, including residents as well as maintenance staff that COME INTO YOUR HOME. My car had over $6000 worth of damage to it while parked in the garage due to another resident and the building offered absolutely nothing in help with resolving it. I can go on forever. I'm just waiting for my lease to end.
The apartments are stylish and modern, but the community is a little unclean and disconnected. Overall though it is a good place for a first apartment.
I loved the loft itself, but it has gone downhill. The laundry room is always dirty and so are the elevators. The "secure" aspect of the building is gone because people keep propping the door in the garage and the back door open. Now with the nightclub Reign next door all you hear is their music when they are open. Until Covid restrictions were in place you had to listen to their LOUD music until 2:30 am. They were also setting off the fire alarm and when we had to evacuate the building their customers would run into our building. Now Washington Ave gets barricaded on weekends so you have to deal with that too. Since February things have been bad, but July came around and things got worse.
The situation with the washers is a bit of a downer. Many people wait until they have to use all the washers to do their laundry in one day. Which then causes other people to be backed up on laundry. It doesn't help that at least one washer a month or every other month is broken. Just seems like double decker washers and dryers would be nice for a building that has seven floors of tenants. The restaurant next door hasn't caused anymore 1-2 am fire alarms but they're definitely still loud and their mail piles up in the mail room. They are also known to use the public computer to store private information (think SSN and resumes for employees) as well as print off on every blank sheet of paper available, run the ink out and then just leave all the "extra" copies. Overall the building is kept fairly clean and tidy. Nobody is too loud or rambunctious. Unfortunately we're looking at moving at the end of the lease for something more cost efficient.
At Vangard Lofts everything runs great I have nice friendly neighbors everyone stays to themselves maintenance stays up leasing managers are very caring and sweet
Vangard lofts itself is great. However, with Reign below me now it’s very annoying only having 2/3 days without their music constantly on. Looking for a different place atm.