Living here is pretty miserable. Lots of dogs live here but no dog run. Every complaint is met with an excuse why I'm actually wrong. Great location but building not worth the rent. Employee turnover is horrible and every time I got to know someone in the management office they left. Parking garage is terrible. My first year wasn't terrible but once I signed my lease for year 2 it was like I wasn't welcome anymore.

Reply from West 77

PROS: Nice amenities. Building is well kept. Maintenance & Door Staff are friendly & helpful. CONS: Management does NOT enforce the prohibition against AirBnB subletting!!! No decaf coffee options in lobby machine. Club room should be open 24 hours. If Resident will be charged for anything not included in Rent or Building Utilities, Management or Maintenance should notify Resident BEFORE any action is taken.

My experience at West 77 has been great so far. I appreciate the fob system and the concierge calling up whenever anyone is visiting for safety purposes.

Nice building in a nice neighborhood. Overall kept very clean and orderly ESP w so many young people living here. Sometimes feel that building focus on entertaining vendors vs investment in the quality of the living arrangements

77 West Huron is a great place to live! It has all the amazing amenities that someone would need. Not only is it in a great location, the staff is amazing as well. The leasing office and front desk employees are nothing but amazing. The apartments are modern and it’s a cozy place to live!

I enjoy living at the complex itself and the building management is very friendly. All the door ladies are super friendly and the place is not pretentious despite being very nice :)

The building is in a great location and has a cool rooftop. The employees who work at the front desk are great, always very friendly and helpful.

The amenities at the place are great. Overall I am very satisfied except with exception to the door staff. There is definitely room for improvement with the door staff.

Reply from West 77

Overall good vibe here. Clean building. Updated. professional and kind staff. The parking garage feels really unsafe though sometimes the door is left unattended for too long as well

Great apartment building with great value. Maintenance and rest of building staff is great. Need to fix the air conditioning as it gets super hot even when it is on.

Moved here in August, loved the pool/desk area for the warm weather. Great community and location with a lot to do in the area. Loud noise from construction.

We love living at 77. The amenities are phenomenal and my roommate and I love our unit. We each get our own bathroom, huge kitchen and more!

Overall a nice experience - great location and amenities. People are respectful of each other and nice that it’s pet friendly even when you don’t have a pet!

Apartment is very nice. Community amenities are nice. Coffee should be 24 hrs & Decaf should be an option! Majority of residents are under 30 & treat the building like a college dorm, which is less than pleasant for the over 30 adult crowd. The corporate rental apartments should not be rented on AirBnB for less than 7 days—this will stop the weekend party rentals.

Overall good resident experience. The door staff and maintenance staff are terrific and go above and beyond. One comment that I do have is the roof guest policy. While we are allowed to guests per resident, in the summer months, I too often fine residents hosting parties with many guests whom take up a lot of chair and grill space from the paying residents. I thought that the party room/Club House was for parties..

I am disappointed that the roof closed so early. I also am a bit frustrated with how slow the elevators work. Not sure why they cannot just stay on the ground floor when not in use to save time and remove backlogs of residents waiting on the ground floor.

Reply from West 77

the amenities are a little lacking. honestly the only complaint i have is the apartment itself isn’t built very well. the floors are garbage and they’re really crooked and generally not great

Excellent management , always friendly and extremely helpful. Amenities are faultless and there is a community spirit, making you feel at home straight away

Love the location and the units. The only bad thing is that we are forced to use Comcast and the prices are high. Also wish I had a sink disposal.

Amenities and location are great. There have been issue with front door staff, length of time to get maintenance requests completed and short term rental units. I was not made aware of the short term rental unit next to my unit. 2 of prob10-15 renters have been quite and respectful. Would like to discuss what can be done to resolve this.

West77 benefits from a great location and exceptional front desk staff. Very seldom have we had negative experiences here. Biggest downside of the apartment complex is its high pricetag and small square footage in comparison to others in the River North market.

Nice community. Clean and complete amenities. Management staff is attentive and usually present. Costs associated with things such as losing a key are way too high and inexplicable

Location and amenities are great. Door staff and maintenance service is out of this world amazing. Elevators are slow. Building puts on a bunch of events which is nice. Great gym.

Maintenance and amenities are great- but I think that they could have better social opportunities like the party that they have every October on the rooftop.

Really like a lot of aspects of West 77. The heating has been a continuing issue. I know it's not idea, but you need to do what's right and spend the money to have the thermostats set up correctly. Alternatively (without rewiring), installing a nest or similar product with a wireless thermometer (not next to the heater) would be great. Besides heating (continuous problems), we like it here