My experience has greatly improved under the new management. I like the new renovations and changes like how our packages are now secure instead of out in the open for anyone to have access to. The entire staff is friendly and very helpful. I still enjoy the location of the apartment near trendy "thrift" stores and great restaurants; however, I do believe there could be improvements with communication such as warnings of fire drills and when the elevator is not in use. Also, complaints/concerns must be handwritten to be "official" so speaking about a problem is not considered because it's not classified as an "official concern." Altogether, it's great but there is always room for improvement.

I just moved in, so I don't have a full experience to speak from, but my experience so far has been excellent. The apartment is in a great area, is spacious, has a beautiful kitchen, and is priced well. The bedrooms are a little bit small, and the floors have some patchwork which is why I haven't given it 5 stars. But the staff is nice, responsive and easy to work with.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Awesome area, great people (residents and staff). The building is a bit dated ("historic" if you're into that) Utilities are good. I don't have many complaints, but I haven't lived here long

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

I like living here. It's close to VCU, but not SUPER close. I love that it has in unit laundry and a dish washer. The place before didn't have that. The people who run the office are friendly and amicable.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

My apartment community is good overall. I love the area and the amenities are also good. What really brought me in was the price. To be in such a convenient area, the prices are fairly good.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Been good lately, but there has been issues with cleanliness. Management has been efficient and timely of most requests. Maintenance has been well run

Getting used to the area but the apartment makes it feel like home! Great location and close to just about everything including campus, dining areas, and downtown.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

So far everything has been great! Everyone in the leasing office is super nice and whenever I’ve made a maintenance request it has been done quick and efficient!

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

The representative who helped us find our apartment was very helpful and kind, she answered all of our questions. We love our apartment and hope to stay here for a long time

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Didn't get the lease for a while but everything else went smooth! Our representative was very respectful and helpful. We are very happy about our decision.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

While the apartment complex is centrally located in a beautiful city, it has proven to be difficult to be a young professional in this complex, as the majority of my neighbors are young college students who can be loud and rambunctious late at night. I love having so much within walking distance from my home, being only 15 from my work in Highland Springs, and living in such a historic area. The old charm of the building is very appealing and the upgrades have nice. A couple weeks ago, one of the many upgrades and needs to come into the apartment was for an exterminator to come spray. While that was very welcomed, I still see the occasional bug/roach even though I keep my apartment clean and tidy.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

The units are great, very spacious, wish tjere was better parking though. Also was a bit tough with the elevator and getting stuck in it. Great place to be for exploring Richmond.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

My resident experience here has been nice. Management has change over a few times within living here for 2 years but I’m happy with management now. I think it’s the best we’ve had.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

My experience at the apartment has been exceptional. The staff has always been helpful with any and everything that I need. Maintenace requests are handled swiftly and in a timely manner.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

I really enjoy living here, the staff are friendly and helpful. Maintenance are great and very nice too! I love living downtown and being close to restaurants and galleries. Because the building is old/my apartment has large window, my room is freezing when its cold and very hot when it's warm outside but the rest of the apartment heat/AC works fine but it does not reach back in my room. Sometimes the back stairway and entrance are dirty, smell like cigs etc but other than that not many complaints!

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

The only thing that I think needs improvement is the mailing system, because I have had multiple packages put in the bin for the wrong building.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

super friendly staff. Good location to get to class. Enjoy living downtown near everything. Feel safe living in the city. Really like the trash pick up system super easy.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Everyone I have worked with in the office has been amazing and very clear when building maintenance/checks are going to be going on. The communication is on point!

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Overall i really enjoy the apartment community. Everybodys been super nice and friendly, especially the staff. Had a myriad of issues the first week i moved in, hot water not working, mold, leaks, ect, but everything has been fixed besides the mold.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Great staff, but noisey and old building. Have had some problems with my apartment and have been told that they would be fixed but have yet to be. Also really dislike that manditory matience is so often and they just allow themselves in when you are not there.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Staff is nice and maintenance comes quickly. The apartments are newly renovated and appliances are all brand new. All in all a great place to live

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Great location. Very quiet community. Apartments are well maintained. Office staff is polite and very helpful. Only con is parking is hard to find, but that isn't the apartments fault. It is downtown and parking is at a premium.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

It’s very nice living here. The brick wall is very Richmond and the skylight in my room which I was looking enough to have is beautiful. The carpet is it really stained and it’s also a nice material. The new kitchen is amazing and so is the sink with what I can do.

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

I love my apartment and I love all the new appliances! Things like First Friday happen right outside which is super fun! I do miss the old management a lot but I'm sure these guys will be helpful as well. I haven't had too many issues, it is a little loud on the back side of the apartment with the ally being there and the windows don't seem to keep much noise out. other than a few problems, I do like living here for the most part!

Reply from The Mezzo Lofts at City Center

Haven’t been able to talk to very many people but overall the community seems good. Services provided are decent and convenient. Overall it is a good place to live. But really need to work on maintenance requests as none of my concerns have been addressed for over 2 weeks.